• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Product Announcement - Nitecore SRT7GT Multi-Color LED Tactical Flashlight

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got this light from Nitecore Store. Only reason I have not returned it is because it appears to actually be putting out claimed lumens and I love the magnetic ring. Mine came with the emitter 2mm off center but it does not appear to affect the beam. No the colored secondary emitters are not brighter than the original. The UV emitter is nice for checking security features on money. The plastic tac ring actually screws into the bottom of the tail switch now and stays tightly in place. Unfortunately NC still has not fixed the CR123 issue. This is where you insert two fresh 3v CR123 cells and the voltage sensor only reads 3v instead of 6v causing the low voltage LED in the head to flash at full speed. I do not understand why there is 4/5mm of turning between the colored setting as nothing happens during this range.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this light too. Glad I waited for this instead of the mh27uv. Note that the magnetic selector switches modes opposite of what that picture above shows:
With the head pointed up, turning the selector all the way right ends up in strobe. From that position, turning left clicks to turbo, then ramps down to moonlight, then UV, red, green, etc, etc.

As far as I know, there isn't a voltage indicator like the mh27 or mh20. Celtic, I don't see how 2 cr123s in series can "read" 3v. Is it possible the light is seeing 6v and triggering an over-voltage warning? Then again, I guess it shouldn't be doing that either tho:shrug: I don't have any cr123s to test this with.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I wish Nitecore would build a 1 x CR123A version with same ring but smaller head of course for pocket carry.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
The SRT7GT is interesting! I already have the SRT7,but i might get the SRT7GT anyway.

Might be the wrong thread to post this, Nitecore do you have an ETA on the SRT9?

This light looks great! Any ETA on the SRT9 yet? :thinking: