Black Alpha

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a couple of requests to post pictures and impressions of the mil/leo light.
No pics but here's a quick run down on a few things.
First, the tint and beam sucked compared to my ready made (both neutral MCE). For some reason my old RM was far superior with the new light not showing more power (icarus vs old 105c) and the beam had a mild donut with a cooler tint and lower CRI? Basically it dark sucked.
Anyway rather than hassle about it I opened it up and put in a 219B, awesome tint and CRI obviously, but it lacked punch. Next was an XPG3 Hi CRI 5000K, was terrible in other lights I'd tried but came out awesome behind the Ledil Boom.
I think the coating, as stated, blocks a fair bit of power which is worth noting but it is a really nice coating.
Over all my light is awesome now and you'd never know I'd worked on it. Brand new copper DTP T-Pad star and adhesive pad the same as stock perfectly centered and soldered. Now the light is a winner, better tint with higher CRI and more throw with plenty of flood still.

candleflana

Newly Enlightened
Looking forward to one when his next batch is complete.

Thanks for the review!

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
f89, would an XPL HI v2 1A be good behind the Ledil you guess?

While I'm sure it would work, there are a lot better choices for this light/reflector.
I personally wouldn't go with that particular LED.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a xpl hi put in my blue label. while still floody, the hot spot is more defined and certainly packs more punch. just my 2 cents