Where to shop a durable Hammock

PeterSmith

Newly Enlightened
Last year, i bought a quite expensive hammock from a famous brand (just don't want to mention the name tho I am quite pissed)..just feel like being cheated!
Can anyone give me sincere and honest suggestions where I can get a hammock in good quality? Will probably need one for camping this spring and summer time.

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
I've had a $20 wal m*rt hammock for over 5 years, haven't used it in a bit but used it *all the time* when I went to an outdoor school.

What was disappointing about the big brand hammock? Did it tear or something? Mine has some burn holes, but never had any strength issues, even with 2 people (rated for 1).

I did get nice climbing carabiners and longer straps to replace the stock ones, just for ease of use.

J-remy

Newly Enlightened
Buy one from REI. You have a year to return it if you don't like it for any reason. They carry ENO , Hennesy and I think a few others.

bestellen

Newly Enlightened
This is the perfect hammock to take along on hikes/camping. I also use this at the beach, and everyone keeps asking me where I go it. It folds us in the convenient bag that is connected (so it can't be lost). The hooks make it simple and fast to hang.

bltkmt

Enlightened
This is the perfect hammock to take along on hikes/camping. I also use this at the beach, and everyone keeps asking me where I go it. It folds us in the convenient bag that is connected (so it can't be lost). The hooks make it simple and fast to hang.

Link or pic?