• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Copper Pill

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's everyone's thoughts on the copper pill upgrade in an aluminum? I can see in a Ti where the emissivity isn't that great, you want more mass but is it very beneficial in an aluminum body?

Keep in mind I'm coming from the works of HDS where 200lm is more than enough and my Sigma H17F has more modes programmed below 100lm than above

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
In an aluminum host I would be inclined to leave the stock aluminum pill in to maintain the weight balance, the performance difference is not a big issue in an aluminum host.

gunga

Flashaholic
I didn't like copper in aluminum. As was stated, I found it threw off weight distribution and felt like it was falling out of my hand.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm actually after a copper pill as an upgrade to my Mac Tri EDC light engine.

Check out Jeff's site, Okluma.com. he sells a copper pill upgrade that should work if your Mac. You might also try contacting him once he is back from his bike trip and see if he has any laying around that would be a proper swap in as the current revision of his lights have a straight bore in the battery pack instead of that recess like the Macs

BruceWonder

Newly Enlightened
nice to know, now i know not to get a copper pill in an AL DC! if i ever able to get one:crazy: