Need headlamp for Banggood batteries on hand

livemusic

Newly Enlightened
Buying stuff these days is so confusing these days with so many choices! I still have not bought a headlamp. I posted on here maybe a year ago that I need one. I got a lot of good answers but never did pull the trigger. Now, I need one bad!

I had first posted about needing one for night fishing. Now I need one because I will be doing work in my attic. I guess one for fishing would be fine for attic, lol. But after that post, I bought ten Banggood 18650 batteries for my Nitecore TM16 flashlight because they were at a great price at that time. But when I got them, they would not fit. I put up another post and some people said get some little magnets. Which I did. But it never worked well in the flashlight. So, now I have ten Banggood batteries that won't work in my TM16 flashlight (they do not have buttons, that is the big problem) and I need a headlamp. So, seems to make sense that I would just buy a headlamp that use the Banggood size/type batteries. (http://www.banggood.com/1PCS-NR18650-30Q-3000mah-20A-Power-Li-ion-Battery-for-Samsung-p-981565.html)

I don't know much about this stuff and don't know how to tell what lamps those batteries will fit. For headlamps, do they give the battery dimension specs? How do you know exactly what batteries fit? (The Banggood batteries were close to fitting my flashlight, but not close enough.)

Can anyone recommend a headlamp? To reiterate my needs, it's general purpose stuff around the house, my farm and my woodlot and also for night fishing. For nightfishing, I need to check limblines that I set out for catfish. Ideally, it would be bright enough to scan the river as I motor for logs and alligators, lol. When I motor up to a limb with line I have set, I have to check the line and the water for a fish and then then get him off and then rebait.

I can spend whatever is necessary within reason. I like to save money (and do shop quite intensely) but I am not afraid of spending for quality.

Thanks for help on this great forum! On an old thread (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?420497-Need-headlamp-recommendation&highlight=) I got several recommendations for a headlamp but I hope to find one I can use with these 10 (sheesh!) banggood batteries!

Last edited:

stephenk

Enlightened
What do you mean by "don't fit"? The Samsung 30Qs are very good unprotected cells, and should have no issues with width or length in lights designed for 18650s. However they are flat top, so the +ve end will not make contact in lights that have physical reverse polarity detection (which require button top cells).

livemusic

Newly Enlightened
What do you mean by "don't fit"? The Samsung 30Qs are very good unprotected cells, and should have no issues with width or length in lights designed for 18650s. However they are flat top, so the +ve end will not make contact in lights that have physical reverse polarity detection (which require button top cells).

I thought I explained it adequately, lol. I have ten perfectly good "Banggood" batteries that are flat-top and my TM16 flashlight needs button-top. I bought magnets to try to "fix" the fit and it didn't work. So, now, I figure I need a headlamp that can use the Banggood flat-top batteries, else, they go to waste. Like everything else these days, the product lineup is vast and confusing, and I figure experts on this forum might have a good recommendation.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Yep TM16 needs button top batteries, as you have found out. Not sure which headlamp to recommend, there have been quite a few out recently. Hopefully someone else will come along who knows a bit more.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend Zebralight or Armytek. Any of their 18650 headlamps will work well when powered by your Samsung 30Q bare cells and both have low voltage cutoff which is a good feature when you're using unprotected cells.

livemusic

Newly Enlightened
OK, I emailed Zebralight and a very nice sales guy called me with detailed info. I found one for sale and bought the H600 MKIII, which happens to be one of the models recommended to me in one of these threads. Hope it works well for me, glad to get it over, lol. Looking forward to a high quality headlamp! If anyone has any tips on anything about using this model, let me know.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Probably don't need a headlamp. These batteries will probably catch fire and light up the area at least for a short while. Maybe even longer:huh: