Trying to find T8 3000K external driver LED's

Krik

Newly Enlightened
I have a situation where I am trying to upgrade a building from florescent to LED's. The reason for the upgrade is the we think that the florescent bulbs maybe a contributing factor in a young girls seizures. And since we are doing the upgrade we thought we would solve some light sensitivity issues others are having.

So the first factor is that the lights cannot flicker. I am not just refuting to the old magnetic ballasts flicker. I referring to the 60Hz sine wave of AC current flicker, or the rectified 120Hz of LED's. Most LED's use an internal driver, and that driver is crap. I tested several and they all flickered worse than florescent bulbs (larger rise and fall of light levels). However I have found that external drivers don't have near as bad a flicker, in even in the worst case it was substantially better than florescent.

And second we want to move towards a 3000k light, as this may help a few that suffer from eye strain, which is usually cased by the blue end of the light spectrum (whiter lights). Our current florescent lights are 4100K so I figure 3000K is a big enough jump to solve this.

I have only found 3 bulbs that meet this criteria, all made by GE. In case someone knows of another place to get them the model numbers are, LED21T8/G4/830 (18w), LED15T8/G/4/830 (13w), and LED12T8/G/4/830 (10w). These lights run between 26 and 34 volts so they must use the GE Lightech external driver. At this point I have only found one company that sells them, but I am not sure I can trust them. I had placed an order, almost 3 weeks ago, for one bulb and a driver, to test. And I had figured the money was lost as they had not shipped them nor were they replying to my emails, that was up till a few minutes ago (while typing this post), when I got a email confirming shipment. So if anyone knows of some other places to get them, it would be helpful.

So what I am looking for is, the make and model numbers for other 4ft T8 (medium bi-pin) LED's that:
1) run on an external/remote driver (sometimes called type C)
2) and are 3000K
3) as well as the driver for that particular LED

I have looked through more sites than I can recall. Many are very poorly designed making it hard to find the LED's I need. And many fail to include information like whether you need an external driver. Or even more importantly, what voltage the LED's run at. In cases where the company looked to have a substantial inventory I emailed them, many didn't reply. And those that did had a hard time understanding the question. One company that did reply early on in this process, I asked them to double check, if the lights would flicker, and so they contacted the manufacture, and based on that information I ordered a couple LED's, with internal drivers, and they flickered. At this point I have spent almost $300 on LED's to test (twice as much on testing equipment), and most will just be stored till I find a way to use them personally or I get tired of looking at them and throw them away.

The sad part is I can go buy some cheap strip/tap LED's and plug them into the wall and they don't flicker. It seems irrational that they would work better than all the T8 bulbs on the market, and at half the price. This is my last hope to find what I need otherwise I may just have to build my own lights, which is a big hassle, and likely more expensive, especially since I need such a simple product.

PS the autosave doesn't work, I accidentally left the page and it only saved about one third of what I had typed.

Krik

Newly Enlightened
There is no end to the frustrations with this. Having tested 2 led drivers (lower and mid quality) I had assumed that a higher quality LED driver would be the route to go. As noted in my first post I was waiting on an order for a GE LED bulb, and the Lightech driver for it, to test. They came in today, and so first I tested just the output of the driver and it looked fantastic. Then I hooked up the bulb and its an epic failure. And after a bit more testing, it looks like the driver is detecting the current draw and will begin to pulse at a very nice 120Hz. Completely incomprehensible as to why they would do that.

So next step was to find a different 26-34 volts DC source of power and test the bulb. And it did exactly as I suspected, there was almost no flicker/fluctuation.

So the GE Lightech Drivers are garbage, if your trying to avoid any kind of flicker!

So now I have a potential t8 bulb, albeit not a very good place to order it from, and no driver. The way I got the 26-34 volts was to use the mid quality 12v driver (I had tested previously), a 12v transformer, and 5 volts off a PC power supply, all hooked up in series, for a total of 29 volts. So I need a good 26+ volt external driver. I haven't looked much for one yet but thought I would at least update the post in case anyone came along with any suggestions.

Also had a stray thought. The light fixtures are all in a drop ceiling, I am wondering if I there is an option to just covert all the power after the light switch to 26v DC. Well maybe I should go with 34v DC, as there is fair amount of wiring and there might be some voltage loss. And then wattage would be a max of 600w per light switch. Of course I could break up the light sets a bit more if that much wattage would not be available. Just thinking out loud on this, maybe someone has as a suggestion.