Source for small stainless split rings to fit Spy lights

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
Hello, new Spy owner here with a question: Looking to buy some small
split rings that fit that tiny hole. Needs to be SS, not plated and large
enough to allow a single strand of 550 cord to loop through.
No idea what size is correct for this application.

Lex Icon

Newly Enlightened
Hello, new Spy owner here with a question: Looking to buy some small
split rings that fit that tiny hole. Needs to be SS, not plated and large
enough to allow a single strand of 550 cord to loop through.
No idea what size is correct for this application.
You might find what you need in the Every Day Carry section at Illum.com
TEC Accessories has 2 different collections, with a variety of shapes and sizes for $3.
I have one of the kits, they are very strong and well made.

*you might have to wait, I see they are on backorder, but try googling the TEC Accessories description for other sources.
The company site itself has both kits #1 + #2 in stock for $3.50 each, with size measurements.

Last edited:

bla2000

Enlightened
A fishing store or any fishing section of a department store, such as Walmart, will have different sized small spit rings. If you need small swivels then they can be found there as well.

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
Interesting, notifications for this thread aren't working. Regarding the Tec accessories kits
those are too big, I have those kits & the smallest ring measures about 9mm.
I got a roughly 7.5mm with the light but it is slightly spread apart & maybe a bit
too thick. So... nearby is a Michael's store & I went last night and found 6mm stainless
split rings for bead projects. These are real split rings and not "jump" rings and they
look almost perfect. They make a 7mm size which would be better and I ordered those
so looks like mission accomplished. I need to test and make sure they are not plated
and indeed solid SS. I did look into fishing but could not find specific sizing. Now I know
6/7 MM will work & perhaps others will but wire gauge is also a determining factor here.
The hole is small for anything other than the loop strap that came with the light and
works well but the light deserves a better one IMHO.
Thanks very much for your helpful suggestions! For sure, I will check out the fishing section
next time I'm near a Bass pro shops or similar.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any small split ring with a wire size of about .030" diameter will work but that wire size is hard to find. Look in a fishing tackle store.

The ones I supply with the 007 Sapphire are about .035: wire and about .33" in OD. However, I have to sand the ring down to about .025" right at the ring opening is so it will fit.

Cheers
Dave

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
Thanks for that additional info, Dave. Guess I'd better
keep an eye out for the fishing section:D

mikes1

Enlightened
I use the ones that come with most cheap coin cell lights

2ea85b29518ca5b325a10010cbadf59b.jpg