Headlamp comparable to energizer 7LED?

A1A

Newly Enlightened
I like the size of this light , and definitely the price 15 dollars. What I dont like is that the its ALWAYS needing fresh batteries, using energizer batteries. It runs fine with fresh batteries but quickly goes dim and will work for a very long time dimmed out. What are some good options, rechargeable will be fine. Even going a little heavier would be fine but trying to stay away from three strap setups and 100 dollar setups. I use it for mainly working out side at night.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all, rechargeable NiMH batteries have a more consistent voltage than alkaline batteries. Even your current headlight might be more consistent with a set of those batteries, and it will certainly be cheaper in the long run than constantly feeding it alkalines.

If gradually dimming output is a problem, then you ultimately want a headlamp that is regulated for consistent brightness, or what Petzl calls "constant lighting." They don't give clear info that I'm finding on which of their lights have a regulated mode, and I don't think their brightest modes are regulated, but I think the Tikka and Actik are. I'm not sure if Black Diamond models are.

From brands you typically can only find online, like Fenix, Nitecore, Armytek, and Zebralight, there are numerous very good regulated models. Some run on AAA batteries, some run on 1 or 2 AA batteries, some run on the more expensive CR123A lithium batteries. There's also a few out now that run on built-in lithium-ion batteries, like the Nitecore NU30, which is probably one of the highest performance lights of a similar size to your Energizer. The NU30 battery is USB rechargeable, which can be very convenient, although it will eventually wear out over time (hopefully not for at least 5 years), and is not replaceable.

Even more performance can be had from headlamps that use the larger 18650 lithium-ion batteries, but these almost always have a top strap.

A1A

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. After about 3 days of searching I decided Tikka . It also comes with a rechargeable nimh batt pack so that is a plus. It also has a little more lumens but also boast a long runtime. We will see ,but petzl I believe has a good reputation. I have been using the energizer for a few years now, 2 different lights, and like the small light weight lamp as I usually find myself in tight spaces. My next light I am sure will be a 18650