Lux-RC Minion

59ride

Enlightened
So after a long awaited launch, the Lux-RC Minion finally dropped yesterday. Stainless Steel Mule and TIR versions. Around 25 were dropped with more to come in the next few weeks. Anyone here manage to grab one ? I know they sold out super quick, within minutes. Would love to see pics once people have them in hand.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
I grabbed one, should ship Wednesday according to Serge. They were $350, or $400 including the necklace/lanyard attachment

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you guys get the necklace holder? I think the holder is expensive. So much for so little. Does it even come with anything to attach it with? I hope you guys have the time to post a review.

Lux-RC's fit and finish is in its own league so pricing is a little difficult to assess. I however knew I was unlikely to carry the light without the neckalce/lanyard attachment, so I got it. I was disappointed to see that it was an add-on instead of standard though as it completes the look and the usefulness of the light is rather hampered without it.

59ride

Enlightened
Well i managed to grab a MULE. Nichia 219B High CRI 4500K, so will definately post a quick review once it arrives

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
The first US pic of MINION

14w8zmg.jpg

Check for more https://www.facebook.com/groups/luxrc/

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
So....anybody have a mini review or video of their Minion? I have one coming in on Friday that I picked up second hand (as long as shipping holds, fingers crossed), and another that I bought direct from Lux-RC. But I was hoping for a fix before then.

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
I have posted a link to fb group with lots of videos and reviews, see my post above

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
So....anybody have a mini review or video of their Minion? I have one coming in on Friday that I picked up second hand (as long as shipping holds, fingers crossed), and another that I bought direct from Lux-RC. But I was hoping for a fix before then.

The facebook page is your best bet, lots of information on the light.

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
a short friendly note that minions are now released with new sapphire crystal optics

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Wow $145 for a Saphire window on a Minion Mule? Is it curved? What is the window made from on the standard Minion Mule?

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
Wow $145 for a Saphire window on a Minion Mule? Is it curved? What is the window made from on the standard Minion Mule?

Sapphire crystal is flat with two-sided multilayer AR coating. Quality efficient AR coating is important for sapphire due to its higher refractive index.
As for standard MINION, it's made with optical quality UCL glass. Also AR coated of course.

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
Probably the best shot of MINION made by Aciel Wechat. 900+ likes on whatsapp in one day!
ACIEL.jpg
ACIEL.jpg