Eagle Lights 27450C headlights

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these legit rebranded Truck-Lites? They're up on A Certain Auction Site even cheaper than buying Rigids from 4 Wheel Parts. Still haven't bought anything for the "new" Heep and these would be perfect if they're the real thing.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I just picked up the vehicle in question and drove to the GF's place... in the dark... in the rain... with misaimed sealed beams... gotta do something soon, this is scary unsafe, can't even see the lines on the road if the water is just the right thickness

Am thinking the prudent thing to do is order Truck-Lites from 4WP or drivetrainamerica but the thought of saving about $160 is nothing to sneeze at when you're broke.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
You can ask them. Of course they'll say "Yes", then you just have to gamble they're telling the truth! :) Ask questions about the warranty and get the answer in writing. Suspiciously low prices are usually suspiciously low for a reason, and knockoff parasites are fast, clever, and well equipped these days.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually another NAXJA guy asked while I was posting here; here is the response:

Brett,
1 - No, these are not made by Truck-Lite. We produce them in our factory in mainland China.

2 - They have the same wattage draw, lumen output, and materials as the Truck-Lite version.

3 - Yes, they do come in a pair.

4 - Yes, for two pairs for a total of four lights we can offer you a 15% discount on the order total.

One note, we have just run out of these and are currently producing more. They should be cleared from quality control on this coming Friday and new orders will be shipping out Monday. If this works for you, I can email you over an invoice for the parts. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Keith
Eagle Lights

So, it sounds like they are trying to do a legit business, but the "Mainland China" thing concerns me a bit, and it also sounds like these lights need to be evaluated on their own merits (are they really compliant, and in the same ballpark as the other offerings on the market? Also, it really does look like they are trying to be Truck-Lites, did they just pull a mold from a pair and start stamping out their own?) I'm not sure I really want to be a guinea pig on this one. So ramen noodles and Truck-Lites (or Rigids) it seems is still the way to go.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, it sounds like they are trying to do a legit business,

They're using Truck-Lite's model number and have blatantly copied the appearance. That's not legit-- that's hoping people will think they're rebranding a genuine Truck-Lite product.

Might as well buy a Nintondo Entertrainment System or a Rollex.

Last edited:

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're using Truck-Lite's model number and have blatantly copied the appearance. That's not legit-- that's hoping people will think they're rebranding a genuine Truck-Lite product.

Might as well buy a Nintondo Entertrainment System or a Rollex.

Agreed, but at least their CSR doesn't lie to you.

Now if I were a Truck-Lite IP lawyer, yeah, I would have a real problem with the extreme similarity of appearance of the two products. If it weren't for the different markings on the clear polycarbonate lens, it would be very difficult to tell the difference between the two based on the photos of both available online. Given the extreme similarity of the products but the lack of reliable reviews of Eagle products, I'm inclined to avoid. The whole reason I even considered them in the first place was that the pricing was not *so* low as for me to dismiss it as a knockoff immediately, but low enough compared to best known prices for Truck-Lite or Rigid branded lights that my spidey senses tingled a little.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
So, it sounds like they are trying to do a legit business

I don't know where you're seeing that, but I'm sure not. Not in any of the answers your NAXJA guy posted. Also, I took a look at the Ebay auctions from Eagle Lights. They're showing lamps clearly branded Truck-Lite right in the lens. That is somewhere in the area bounded by false advertising, fraud and bait & switch. None of those are legitimate activities.

but the "Mainland China" thing concerns me a bit

If you care about safety, it should push you quickly past "a bit concerned" and all the way into "No way" territory.

at least their CSR doesn't lie to you.

True, but that's a very low bar!

I'm not sure I really want to be a guinea pig on this one. So ramen noodles and Truck-Lites (or Rigids) it seems is still the way to go.

In the mean time, toss in a pair of these which will make a nice large (and real) improvement over the originals, especially when they're correctly aimed.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the mean time, toss in a pair of these which will make a nice large (and real) improvement over the originals, especially when they're correctly aimed.

Right now it's a choice between pulling the relay harness and Cibies out of the '99 that I can't register (long story) or buying new Truck-Lites. The Cibies are frankly looking about due for a recycling but if finances are tight that's what I'll do. Especially since it looks like the '99 is destined for the Big Parking Lot In the Sky... long story but I'm a bit bitter right now, a simple problem that nobody seems to be ably to solve means it'll never pass an emissions inspection again although it runs great with no issues.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because I don't like it when people skirt the edges of ethics when it comes to products like this, I did drop Truck-Lite an email; this was the response

Hi Nathan, It does not look like these are authentic Truck-Lite lamps. All of our lamps have DOT numbers and Truck-Lite stamped into the lens on the front edge of the lamp. None of their lamps have this logo on them. I would assume that they are probably knock-offs of our lamps. It looks like they also have a lot of other "brands" of lights that they are selling as well, but I would assume that none of them are authentic to the original manufacturer.

Jennifer
Customer Service

So if they're not on TL's radar, I guess they are now.