Pelican 2360 2xAA 375/29 lumen version flicker?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 5th generation Pelican 2360 2xAA 375/29 lumen flashlight flickers when on the 29 lumen setting if powered by fully charged Eneloop Pro batteries. It flickers less when using alkaline cells and does not flicker at all when powered by Energizer Ultimate Lithium primary batteries. It employs PWM (pulse width modulation), but I don't know if the flickering is due to PWM or it is just voltage sensitive.

Have other Pelican 2360 owners experienced this flickering in the low brightness mode? My other Pelican lights tolerate Eneloops without a problem.

pelicans.jpg

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the report.

The flickering may have been a dirty contact issue. The flicker disappeared after I sprayed contact cleaner on the (positive) contact inside the flashlight.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for this thread.

How are your units doing?

I saw a couole of these at my usual mall and am thinking hard about getting them as I don't have a decent 2aa light.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
... How are your units doing? ...

I have been using the Pelican 2360 every night when I put the dog out. I'm still powering it using Eneloop Pro batteries and I've had to recharge them only once so far.

There has been no flickering since I cleaned the contacts 5 months ago. Still love this light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Good to hear the update.

I use mine on low more often than high, yet it's nice to have all those extra photons when it's time to use 'em.

I really dig the quick click battery meter.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got one, mine works perfectly and I programmed it to hi-low, just like my G2X-LE and E1D for commonality in usage.

This thing throws, and beam is a bit cool but very pleasant white.
I have a dozen sealed Eneloop Pros stored, time to open a pack to use in the Pelican.
Right now I'm using off the alkaleak Energizers included so I can toss them when they are depleted.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
In use it feels like a more familiar size but disappears in your pocket like a minimag used to.

If the government took away most of my flashlights I'd fight 'em for the 2360.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, it's a great choice for those not willing to go the CR123/Lithium ion route.

Heck, barring any need for moonlight or heavy SAR duties this light will serve the non flashaholic user for I daresay virtually all he needs a flashlight to do.