Suggestions for 100w 24-36vdc 120vac LED driver

Build

Newly Enlightened
I'm in search of quality 100w 24-36vdc 120vac LED driver power supplies.

I've had decent luck with generic Chinese drivers, but have had a couple waterproof units burn out after one and two years, and now a third. They have low hours on them. Seems they have short life due to poor cooling in the sealed case? The caps have gone out on all three of them, one of them melted completely. I have surge protectors on their AC input, and fans blowing on the cases. They're mounted in an open workshop that's maintained around 70F and 45% humidity.

I've seen USA made drivers with 5 year warranties, but they're quite expensive around $150+ each. I'd like to keep the cost down if possible.

Any suggestions would be great.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
the caps gp out in those chinese drivers cause they use cheap, thermally underrated caps. you could try replacing them with better caps.
the reason the US made drivers are so pricey is because they have higher quality components and control standards. IOW, you get what you pay for. there are also plenty of vids and plans online that can assist you in building your own driver and you can hand pick the components and specs to your reqs.

Build

Newly Enlightened
Thanks FRITZHID,

Yeah, I realize the get what you pay for. I'm just not wanting to pay $150 each (I need 15 drivers) for ~5 years vs ~1-2 years at $15 each. I was hoping to find a little better quality but at a more reasonable price if I could.

I'll replace these caps for now and look into building some drivers. Any suggestions on cap brands? Any of the true USA or Japanese made are ok? I've used Nichicon, Panasonic, and Sanyo in audio equipment with good results. Thanks