Hell yeah it's here!!!

Thom2022

Enlightened
Well ladies and gentlemen its official (atleast in my head) BBQ time is upon us.
Every year on my birthday (or closest weekend) I set up the smoker grab a bottle of rum and get smashed while creating a meat feast that would stick a T-Rex into a food coma! Marinading away is a couple of briskets, a shoulder of pork, 2 Jacobs ladders and some chuck (to be minced for burgers).
Cooking will start at 6am and food will be served for around 9pm.
So to the carnivores and cave men/women out there. What's recipes would you like to share? I'm afraid my rubs are a closely guarded secret (that's a blatant lie, I fling in what smells good and then forget to write it down so every year is different!)
But you can have my sticky bbq sauce recipe!

1/2 finely diced roasted bulb of garlic
1 finely chopped red and white onion
10 cups of orange juice
7 cups of soft dark brown sugar
cayenne pepper to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tea spoon of ground fennel seeds
1/2 a pineapple finely chopped
A liberal (and I mean liberal) slooshing of teriyaki sauce
the same again for soy sauce!
And then add a couple shots of rum or bourbon of your choosing.

Fry off onions in a deep pan and once caramelised add everything else.

Simmer until it's reduced by roughly 1/3
If you reduce it too much then when it cools it will be like treacle.

Use hot to glaze ribs/pork shoulder(for pulling) whilst on the BBQ or let cool and add to burgers.

*DISCLAIMER* not suitable for adults/children/the elderly/pregnant women/diabetics/people with heart condition.

Thom2022

Enlightened
Well that was a disaster, someone decided to invite some unwanted extras. It's hard enough to cater for 15people without another 10 turning up unannounced and loitering in the kitchen! Only managed to get a picture of the burger I constructed for myself will figure out how to upload at some point.