for 10% Off

Fenix_FD20_01__18639.1492784163.1280.1280.jpg

Specifications

• Utilizes Cree XP-G2 S3 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
  • IP68 rated protection and submersible up to 6.56 feet/2 meters
  • Powered by 2 AA batteries
  • 4 output modes
    • Turbo
      • 350 lumens (Spotlight: 377.3 feet/115 meters - Floodlight: 157.5 feet/48 meters)
        • Alkaline: 36 minutes
        • Ni-MH: 2 hours
    • High
      • 100 lumens
        • Alkaline: 4 hours
        • Ni-MH: 7-hour and 30-min.
    • Med
      • 50 lumens
        • Alkaline: 12 hours
        • Ni-MH 16-hour and 40-min.
    • Low
      • 8 lumens
        • Alkaline: 55 hours
        • Ni-MH: 80 hours
  • Dual reflector optical system
  • 78 degree floodlight
  • 360 degree rotary focusing technology
  • Reverse polarity protection to protect from improper battery insertion
  • Reverse-clicky tail switch for one-handed operation
  • Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
  • Premium type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish

PartyPete

Enlightened
Looks like an intriguing little light. I've never considered a focusing beam but this would definitely make a handy utility light I think.

AA lights are very simple and convenient. 60% of people I know probably have no idea what a 18650 cell is or any knowledge of li-ions. I'd be hesitant to loan out something like that (heck, my buddy threw away one of my Eneloops once thinking it was just a dead alkaline) but it looks like a pretty versatile light for those who want an AA option and/or aren't well versed in modern cells.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Do you have your FD20 preordered yet? Remember the discount code offered!

Last edited:

proceed5

Enlightened
Yeah I suspect it would tail-stand judging from the low profile rear clicky switch, but I could be wrong.

Fenix's focusing lights have become very nice to use, especially the FD41.
I am definitely gonna add this FD20 to my existing FD lights .
Yupe, for a change, AA lights would be a nice addition

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
If a Fenix light will tail stand, Fenix lists that feature on the specifications image. Because it isn't listed, we can state it is NOT a tail stand light. Please look at the photo. You will notice the housing around the tail button is not such that would support tail standing. The button doesn't extend beyond the housing but the housing shape still won't support the weight of the light while tail standing. I hope this explains the design.

https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server...x_FD20_01__18639.1492784163.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Will it tailstand? If so, I'm buying.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is progress. Looks good.

Any chance for focusing 2aaa or 1aaa lights in the future? I'd probably buy one in each of those formats - especially if the 1aaa had a reversible clip for cap use.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We will send your question/comment to the Fenix engineers. We will let you know what is said. Thanks
This is progress. Looks good.

Any chance for focusing 2aaa or 1aaa lights in the future? I'd probably buy one in each of those formats - especially if the 1aaa had a reversible clip for cap use.

PartyPete

Enlightened
We will send your question/comment to the Fenix engineers. We will let you know what is said. Thanks
Zoomable x1 AA or AAA would be very interesting! I'm sure the size might have to be increased a bit versus your average pocket light but that would be a design I'd really like to see.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Right now, Fenix does not have any plans to make a focus beam AAA flashlight. Great idea though.

Kyle_PL

Newly Enlightened
Does Fenix FD20 have some protection from overdischarge Ni-Mh? Or some "battery low level alert"?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
All Fenix lights have overdischarge protection.
You will know the status of your draining battery. With a full charge, you will be access all output levels. As the battery drains, you will start losing the highest output mode. The light will hit the Turbo mode then immediately drop if the battery doesn't have enough charge to support Turbo. The more it drains, it won't hit Turbo at all. This continues as the battery drains. Next, you won't be able to reach the High mode. etc.
Make sense?

Does Fenix FD20 have some protection from overdischarge Ni-Mh? Or some "battery low level alert"?