Weaponlight for Glock 17

arKmm

Enlightened
Hello all,

I have all of my flashlight needs sorted, except for one to attach to a sidearm (in this case, a Glock 17).

Weaponlights are not something I know much about, so I'm looking for any recommendations.

-Budget is $100/£100 roughly.
-Beam for CQB usage.
-Momentary on is a requirement.
-Ability to strobe would be highly beneficial.
-I do not want a unit with a laser.

Will be using the Safariland 6004 holster, so whatever flashlight I purchase must be able to fit into that.

Last edited:

arKmm

Enlightened
Update: Streamlight TLR-1s appears to be spot on for what I need but comes in a little over budget here on UK prices. Any suggestions of something similiar but a little bit down in price?

OCD

Enlightened
The Streamlight TLR-3 would fit the bill except it doesn't have strobe. Its not as bright as the TLR-1 which could be beneficial for use with dark adapted eyes. Its also about 1/2 the size of the TLR-1.

These are the reasons I'm considering the TLR-3 over the -1.

Illum

Flashaholic
Depends on where you are CR2s might be more difficult to source than a CR123A. For that matter the TLR-3 uses the former so that may need to be taken into consideration.

Its a tad more expensive but I use a TLR-1 HL on my G19 Gen3 and I highly recommend it.

They typically hover between 150 to 200 here for a decent one. There are pistol lights down to $50 but you're buying a tool, not an airsoft accessory. I'm leery when it gets too cheap, and reviews seem to confirm the skepticism.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=pistol+light

Last edited:

arKmm

Enlightened
There are pistol lights down to $50 but you're buying a tool, not an airsoft accessory.
I live in the UK, so on this occasion I am actually buying an airsoft accessory so thankfully I don't need that life or death build-quality. If I was, I'd easily be spending more!