Any ideas about the Muyshondt Beagle?

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
He posted a nice new art print for the "Beagle" on instagram and a teaser image of what may be part of a flashlight with clip on fb. A bright torch for exploration? It looks like a fatty.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Lemurian!

Best to keep your eyes peeled on the social media posts. :p

Looks can be deceiving. Not a fatty. Plenty bright. :)

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
When both of you are in line... how can we score one? LOL. :mecry:

Hey xdayv,

Nice to see a fellow flashaholic from around the region! :wave:

Do follow Muyshondt Flashlights on social media, if you have not already done so.

As always, there usually is ample supply on Enrique's site once the production lights are released, so do not fret. More information and details to follow, from the man himself, of course...

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember many years ago when Surefire started and I thought they wanted silly money ... till I got one several years later... then I understood. I then advanced to HDS when Surefire started discontinuing the good stuff because they wanted to advance... now Surefire isn't my primary though still good, marketing and I believe forgetting what's important to the customer could possibly be the reason. I bought my first Muyshondt Aeon then waited and waited over a year as it was over in the states. I tried to sell it... nobody was interested even with the huge discount. I m happy nobody wanted it because I finally got it sent over and I can see the thought and quality that went into it. It's not my primary but it's my ace in the hole so to speak. Now I ve got an Aeon Mk III in Titanium and hoping to see my ti Flieger soon.
I m not one to follow the normal crowd and I don't care much for bragging rights though I used to. I wanted a really good pocket thrower and the Flieger was impressive. Now look [emoji102] king to see more on the Beagle. I can't afford all the things I want so I look to get the best I can for what money I do spend. Patience patience we will see.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey xdayv,

Nice to see a fellow flashaholic from around the region! :wave:

Do follow Muyshondt Flashlights on social media, if you have not already done so.

As always, there usually is ample supply on Enrique's site once the production lights are released, so do not fret. More information and details to follow, from the man himself, of course...

Yeah, I can drop by your beautiful country to check out your treasure chest haha!

@usdiver -- you have a fine taste for great quality and craftsmanship, I bet you are in good hands with the Muyshondt electric torches!

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
@xdayv-- I do have good taste and know what I like. Doesn't do me any favors though. I m hard to please but I at the same time if I was going to build something then you'd definitely get the best I could make. I appreciate good quality but at the same time there are many custom jobs that don't do it for me. Kinda like a good woman, they can be beautiful but if they are too much hard work then better to do without. Just a bit iffy on that xp-l and hoping it out performs my expectations. In saying that I ve not had much to compare it with.

craniotes

Newly Enlightened
I haven't had a whole lot of time with it yet, but even so, I've got a feeling that this one is gonna go down in the books as a classic.

The secret weapon:

Regards,
Adam

Vernon

Enlightened
Awesome. Need more info? Are those 5mm or something else? Output? LED type? Tint?

Can't wait for this one.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is some great info on Enrique's Facebook group, about this light! Lots of great pictures too! Definitely worth checking out. I've been wanting a McGizmo Lunasol 20 for some time, (particularly, DaFABRICATA's LS20.3) so I'm curious how this light will compare.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Are those​ 5mm?
Awesome. Need more info? Are those 5mm or something else? Output? LED type? Tint?
Neither apparently.

DSF1247-Edit_large.jpeg

Output: (1/15/70 lumens flood + 165/435 lumens flood + throw)

Both of the Beagle's beams are produced by high output, high Color Rendering Index (CRI) LEDs at 4000K (Neutral White) color temperature. The flood ring is 90+ CRI and the high beam is 80+ CRI, giving you rich, accurate colors at all light intensities.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
They are a sweet neutral timt, as is the center emitter. Three levels of flood, two higher levels of throw with the flood emitters still on. Reverse clicky, Functionally and asthetically, a very nice light. As mentioned, check out the Muyshondt Facebook group.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
[h=1]Beagle Mk. I Electric Torch
Copper[/h] [h=5]Small. Powerful. Capable.[/h] [h=5]The most electronically and mechanically sophisticated Electric Torch we've ever created.[/h] [h=6]Available for Pre-Order.
Expected delivery late August/September 2017.
Use code "BEAGLE" at checkout for pre-production pricing.[/h]

DSF1185-Edit_large.jpg

Come Away With Me
Named after the HMS Beagle, a British Royal Navy vessel which carried a young Charles Darwin aboard during the expedition where he recorded his observations that would lead to his Theory of Evolution, the Beagle Electric Torch is designed as a tool for exploration.​

Sophistication, not Complication
The Beagle is capable of two distinct beam types, and comes equipped with the new Calibre 1116 Light Engine – the latest generation in Muyshondt design drawing on over a decade's worth of experience in crafting high-efficiency, high-performance electronics for Electric Torches.​
Operation is simple: Five intensities (1/15/70 lumens flood + 165/435 lumens flood + throw) are accessed by clicking the tailswitch for each mode change. The Light Engine handles the rest, powering the LEDs efficiently, and without complication. A smooth, high-CRI flood provides a hotspot free wash of light for any close range tasks, and the central high beam provides an extra measure of power to view things at a distance – all within a single Electric Torch.​

DSF1261-Edit_large.jpg

DSF1247-Edit_large.jpeg

Well Versed in Versatility
Two beam types to illuminate the world up close, and far away.​
Five intensities to give you the light output you need for any situation.​
Capable of running for hours on CR123s, Rechargeable CR123s, MPC-18350I cells, and Protected 18350 Lithium Ion cells.​
All of this in a package 25mm in diameter and 85mm long, with a unique, monocoque case design crafted for superior durability and thermal performance.​

Nothing but the Best
There is no substitute for quality.​
Our clips are machined from a block of titanium. Our heatsinks are made of solid copper, then polished and gold plated to create a superior thermal juncture to the copper core LED board. Our electronics are crafted with gold plated circuit paths, using carefully selected components to maximize performance at every level. Our lenses are made from synthetically grown sapphire crystal that is covered with an anti-reflective coating on each side to maximize light transmission. Our LEDs are high CRI where possible – 90+ on the flood ring, and 80+ on the center beam.​
With a Muyshondt Electric Torch, every little detail spanning electronic minutiae inside, to the user interface, and to each individually mill-cut pyramid on the grip, is considered and accounted for, and the Beagle continues in this tradition.​
DSF1133-Edit-2_large.jpg

Beagle_poster_web_large.png
Explore
From the urban jungle, to the actual jungle, the Beagle is intended to be your companion on whatever adventure you find yourself in. It is small, bright, and capable – made from some of the finest materials on Earth and to uncompromising quality standards, and designed to help you remove darkness in any situation you find yourself in. See better, together, with a Beagle Electric Torch at your side.​

[h=1]Features[/h]
Copper Construction
Made from Copper and available in two finishes - Polished and Relic. Polished is, well - polished - a beautiful mirror sheen that will patina over time unique to your uses. Relic come with patina built in - a dark sort of "copper and rust" finish with a great depth of character that is different to each Electric Torch, it will show contrasts with wear which will darken and change over time.​
Monocoque Case
The Beagle uses a monocoque case design, created to optimize thermal conductivity and strength. There is no "head" on this design, and the only removable part is the tailcap. What results is a more even distribution of heat across the torch body - allowing for higher light output without overheating - as well as improved strength.​

Dual Beam
The Beagle produces two distinct beam types - providing both a smooth flood of light, and a long distance high beam, all within a single Electric Torch.​
Calibre 1116 Light Engine
The Calibre 1116 Light Engine is the culmination of over a decade's work in designing high efficiency, high performance Electric Torches. Light output is controlled simply: Click on, half-push to switch between modes. Click off. Each intensity level across both flood and throw beams are is fully regulated, with light outputs of 1 (100 hours), 15 (22 Hours), 70 (4 Hours) lumens flood, and 165 (2 Hours), and 435 (45 Minutes) lumens flood and throw.​

Double-AR Coated Sapphire Crystal Lens
Sapphire Crystal. Extremely scratch resistant, coming in at 9 on the Mohs Scale (diamonds are 10), synthetically grown, cut, and polished, then coated on each side with an Anti-Reflective (AR) coating to become the lens on your Beagle.​
Machined Clip
Cut from a solid block of titanium, the Beagle's clip is designed with just the right amount of tension to allow for secure attachment to any pocket. The clip is sculpted to fit perfectly along the curved body of the Electric Torch, and each edge is carefully chamfered on all sides, and completed with a stonewashed finish.​

Gold Plated Electrical Contacts
Highly conductive and highly inert, gold plated electronics ensure good electrical connections in all parts of the light, making sure more energy is converted to light instead of heat.​
O-Ring Sealed, Water Resistant
Custom O-Rings seal all junctures of the torch - keeping everything inside secure.​

Pushbutton Tailswitch
Capped with a titanium pushbutton and easy to activate, the tailswitch on the Beagle conveniently and effectively allows you to operate the light one-handed.​
High CRI Output
Both of the Beagle's beams are produced by high output, high Color Rendering Index (CRI) LEDs at 4000K (Neutral White) color temperature. The flood ring is 90+ CRI and the high beam is 80+ CRI, giving you rich, accurate colors at all light intensities.​

Versatile Power Plant
The Flieger Light Engine is capable of accommodating dual battery types - a single CR123 cell, or an MPC-18350I cell (available from Muyshondt).​
25mm Diameter by 84mm Long, 174 Grams
0.984 in Diameter by 3.31 in Long, 6.14 Ounces​

Croquette

Enlightened
I must say the darkwell titanium is very tempting and it has no real alternative speaking of 18350 reflector titanium or copper high qulaity flashlight.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dual beam looks sweet, and the runtimes for it are impressive. I also really like the the fact that it will take 18350. The lack of a good rechargeable option is what turned me off of the Aeon. Definitely one of the most well thought out lights I've seen in a while; every detail looks perfect. Sadly, I think it is a little too much money for me. Maybe there will be an aluminum model some day?