• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GoingGear.com - New 16,000 Lumen Imalent DT70

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
What else is there to say after 16,000 lumens? That's pretty tough to follow. The Imalent DT70 is a fantastic light however, and the 16,000 lumen output just highlights that fact. The DT70 is a USB rechargeable 4 x 18650 pop-can style light that uses four XHP70 LEDs. To get that output, you'll need to run high-drain IMR 18650 batteries. All of those lumens are available in a sub $300 package that includes four of those 3000 mAh 18650 IMR batteries, a holster, and a USB charging cable. For the record, that's 1.8 cents per lumen.

Imalent DT70

2016120901264337631_1.jpg

2016120901275824234_1.jpg

moses

Enlightened
Doubt it will be close to 16K lumens - or am I missing something?

16K lumens at 1 hour 30 min.
8K lumens at 2 hours

Doesn't make sense - lower efficiency per lumen as the power drops? I thought efficiency goes up as current goes down per LED.

Capolini

Banned
Doubt it will be close to 16K lumens - or am I missing something?

16K lumens at 1 hour 30 min.
8K lumens at 2 hours

Doesn't make sense - lower efficiency per lumen as the power drops? I thought efficiency goes up as current goes down per LED.

It may be close to 16K Lumens but it will not last 1.5hours. You would be lucky if you got 20 minutes cumulative run time @ 16K lumens!

Here is how they determine[get away with/deceive us!] RUNTIME.

Runtime

The amount of continuous runtime (in minutes) until the light output drops to 10% of its original value (measured 30 seconds after turning the light on).
This test is done using the batteries included with the flashlight.[1] If no batteries are included, the test is done using the manufacturer-recommended batteries.[1]
The test is done in an integrating sphere just like the lumen test with light output measured every 15 minutes. 10% of brightness probably gives inflated runtime numbers. In the past, some testers used 50% to be a little more practical, but with most batteries, the drop-off is usually pretty quick and the time between 50% and 10% usually is not long.

Entire link below:

http://flashlightwiki.com/ANSI-NEMA_FL-1

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
This is NOT meant to single out Imalent. This "Deception" has been going on for ~3 years now and is used by ALL manufacturers who use the ANSI/NEMA standards.

The average Joe sees 16000 lumens for 1.5 hours is going to be very disappointed when you either get a burst mode or 16K for a max of 2 minutes! I am not sure what it is for this light.

I saw another thread on CPF about this light and the early reports were not good as far as quality and some defects.That can happen with every light. The question is will that be the norm?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called Going Gear a few minutes ago to ask some general and specific questions about the DX80. Going Gear informed me that the DX80 is in stock, but Going Gear is holding off on shipping the DX80 until GG hears back from Imalent, per GGs' query to Imalent about which batch of the DX80 Going Gear has, and if the DX80 from that batch is ok to ship.

Last edited: