• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight H1R tailcap swapability

xml

Newly Enlightened
I have seen on at least one thread that the Olight S1R tailcap will fit on and function on a H1 (albeit the cap just barely makes contact with the oring).

If you happen to own both lights, does anyone know if the H1R tailcap will fit and function on an Olight S1?

Thanks in advance!

maukka

Enlightened
I only have a copper S1, and while the light does work with the H1R cap it doesn't charge the battery. This may or may not have something to do with the conductive body, but more likely are the slight size differences.

In addition the H1R cap doesn't work with a S1R, but it charges fine. In reverse, the S1R cap lights up the H1R but will not charge.

So I wouldn't count on it.

xml

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help - I was afraid that might be the case.

I was just just wondering because I have a S1 that I would like to convert to the S1R, and I was hoping the H1R upgrade tailcap might work. It's too bad Olight doesn't offer the S1R tailcap anymore - I saw it for a very short while on one of the websites and now it says that the item has been discontinued...

If Olight checks this thread - are there any future production plans for the S1 upgrade tailcap to convert it into the S1R?