Looking for a one button operated single 18650

YCH

Newly Enlightened
I have had a 2011 version Thrunite TN12 for 5 yrs, it served me well but I'm not a big fan of the twisty UI. So I figured its time to get another one.
I'm a runtime snob and often get up in the mid of the night to check my cats so a sub lumin firefly/moonlight with good efficiency is mandatory, also prefer a ~10 lumin mode for other indoor use; Tail switch for every thing, I hate twisty and the now popular two switches UI often require change of holding position which is also awkward; Need it for EDC so prefer a smaller form factor is also prefered.

After a few days search, I found Astrolux S1 and Armytek Viking/Doberman fits my needs best, but want to know if there is any other option available. These two also show my price range, $20-80. Something like Armytek but with a smaller head will be perfect.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hi @YCH and welcome !

Your post above has been approved, but the thread was moved to the "Recommend" subforum, which will yield more specific advice for you ... :)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to suggest my favorite combination - Lumens Factory Seraph6 body and Mountain Electronics CUXM/CUXP drop in. My preference for the drop in was the Nichia 219, but either would work. The mode you would want would have been the Moonlight-2%-25%-100%, but it is shown as currently unavailable. You might want to drop them a line and ask when it will be available again. The Seraph6 is a very nice body. Nice shape, well built, comes with both a tactical/twisty tail cap and a regular forward clicky one.

Here's an off-the-wall suggestion. The Nitecore TIP CRI. It has a 240 lumen burst mode if you need a lot for a little while, and, what you are interested in, a low of 25 lumens with a six and a half hour run time, and a ultralow of one lumen, with a 46 hour run time. It is a two button interface, but since there is really only one way to hold the TIP, the buttons are always right there under your thumb. And the price is nice as well.

Last edited: