The Mickey Mouse watch thread

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Got a Mickey Mouse watch you wanna show?

My boss and a few other seasoned co-workers will not wear any watch w/o a Mickey face and arms that tell time. They are the type that spruce up 1960's muscle cars and use Eveready Captain flashlights.

Well the other day when my boss was wearing his "Hamilton" Mickey watch I went looking on the internet for one. My goal was to replace a hand wind Timex from when I was in elementary school (1974-ish)....

Here's what I bought. A Pulsar quartz
$15 (shipped) Buy it Now at eBay.

The search continues...

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have my timex with the original red leather band. I was told if Mickey was wearing yellow gloves it was the one to have, and fetches top dollar from collectors

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for that AtL.
Found a Seiko one at a good price with yellow gloves.

Also found a stainless case and bracelet, although he has white gloves on it aint quite so dressy looking.

Last edited:

Wrongway

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if it counts. But I have an Apple Watch 2 and that has Mickey Mouse and Mini Mouse watch faces built into the watch. What is cute though is the characters are animated and tap their feet as the seconds count. Might use this watch face a bit more often now.

Wrongway

Newly Enlightened
Like this :)

i-VHKhxxv.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Just acquired a yellow gloved Mickey circa 1988 and a wind up Snoopy circa 1968.

Mickey runs a few minutes and quits with a new battery. Snoopy runs great until it stops... face up. Face down it runs perfect.
Did some reading and found that watch fixers place a troublesome mechanical watch in a variety of positions over a day to get an idea of what may be wrong. Intrigued by that notion ole Snoopy has been determined to work proper in all positions except face up. Mickey just stops regardless so that one will get a new core. Not sure how they can fix Snoopy but from what I've read it can be fixed.

Edit:

BiCentenial edition hand wind Bradley enroute

Also early 1970's hand wind with lizard skin band.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A couple more added.

A Timex hand wind from the 1970's (I was told)

And one I found stashed in a drawer

A 99¢ quartz model from a K-Mart going out of business. Probably paid about $10 but the price tag had $24.99 on it.

Bi-Centenial Mickey hangs out with Snoopy.
Both were just cleaned up and not new spring pins. Snoopy got a new band.

L to R:
- 99¢ quartz drive Mickey from the 90's (note the 90's velcro band).
- Bi-Centenial hand wind by Bradley (circa 1976).
- Late 1960's hand wind Snoopy in original package bought from the original owner.

I'm thinking a backward running Goofy watch is in my future.

Last edited: