Need headlamp suggestions

KickingAsh

Newly Enlightened
Ive been looking at several headlamps for work and to use around. Ive used the cheap ones from Walmart but want to step up with something better, brighter, and rechargeable.

I fight wildfires so I will be in the woods a lot. And Ive been kicking the idea of doing some Spelunking too.

Ive been looking at the Zebralight H603 1300 lumens and then the "5000" Lumens cheap headlamp on Amazon.

Any suggestions?

JayHawk

Newly Enlightened
I have several Zebralights and they're all good but I like the H600Fd III the most. I use mine for everything from hiking and camping, working on cars and motorcycles to wiring electronics panels on construction sites. It's just a great light.

KickingAsh

Newly Enlightened
I have several Zebralights and they're all good but I like the H600Fd III the most. I use mine for everything from hiking and camping, working on cars and motorcycles to wiring electronics panels on construction sites. It's just a great light.

How is it compared to the 603?

JayHawk

Newly Enlightened
For me, the floody beam is much more useful overall than full flood. I was always dialing up the output to get more range with the flood and still found it lacking. With the floody I get the beam shape and range I like at lower settings. I have also moved away from cool whites.

Last edited:

parametrek

Enlightened
Don't worry about your first Zebralight too much, any of them will be a night and day difference from wally world headlamps. I will also suggest going with a daylight tint though and avoiding the pure flood models too.

And if you do manage to choose one you don't like, Zebralights keep much of their resale value.

KickingAsh

Newly Enlightened
What about ArmyTek headlamps? The wizard pro looks good and throws out 2000 lumens at the same price for the Zebra 203w.

Though the other armyteks have 1000 lumens and are cheaper than zebralight with a 10 yr warrenty

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
For firefighting, perhaps the Pelican 3315R or the even higher output 3310R with the 0782 helmet light holder to compliment your right angle light.

ToddM

Enlightened
One thing I've never liked about the Zerbralight headlamps (no it's not the user interface) it's the switch location. It's much harder to manipulate the subtle quick/slow/long press options with the button on the end of the light, especially with gloves on or wet hands etc. than it would be if the button was on "top" of the light (facing up when the light was on your head) so it can be "pinched" between your finger and thumb to operate the switch.

For a handheld flashlight that sort of dexterity and complication is fine, but for a headlamp I want simple and easy. It's the main reason my two zebralights see so little use.

I'm not a firefighter but if I remember right most of their flashlights are very tight spot beams, my guess is to try and cut through smoke. So that might be a factor in the flood - vs - spot selection.

Genzod

Banned
For firefighting, perhaps the Pelican 3315R or the even higher output 3310R with the 0782 helmet light holder to compliment your right angle light.

The beams on those are pretty tight and will throw their lumens a good distance.

TaliscaAdrian

Newly Enlightened
I used to have Zebralight before and it was good enogh . And also some of my friends still use it and they have positive opinions about it .