Need a plastic EDC pocket light

novarider

Newly Enlightened
I just got a new phone and the screen is very exposed and I'm afraid a metal body flashlight will scratch/break the screen. I have been carrying a Eagletac d25a titanium and I like everything about it except the metal body. I am looking for a light the same size and brightness but with a plastic body and it also must come with a clip. The smallest battery I want is aa. I would also like it to take 14500 batteries but that's not a deal breaker

Any suggestions?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Does it need to use a removeable round cell ?

The reason I ask is because there are several non-metallic pocket flashlights that are available in a boxy / flat form factor, but which use a fixed rechargeable battery.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming we're talking about a smart phone - how about getting an Otter case, which includes a plastic cover for your screen?

I have one on my Android and the case has saved my phone more than once.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't have more than one pocket? Does both your light and phone need to share the same pocket? Plastic will damage your screen as well.

This. Keep the phone in another pocket.

I carry a flip phone and my case clip recently broke, so now I just toss it in my RF pocket with nothing else. Light and pack of gum go in the LF pocket. Although the phone is old and not a big deal, I clip my keys on a belt loop when out and about, so I don't scratch the LG FP up worse.

Short of coin cell lights and the big honkin' SureFire G2 lights, I don't know of anything plastic.

Chris

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Would go with a decent case as mentioned, not sure what phone you have . I like the otterbox strada and don't even need a screen protector. Plastic light or not, your phone will be better protected out of your pocket as well. I always have the phone on its own(pocket), but being a 7 plus and not wearing clown pants, I don't have much choice:)