Best USA manufacturer

Best USA flashlight manufacturer (Which would you trust your life to)

• Surefire

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Streamlight

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Malkoff

Votes: 41 37.6%
  • ElZetta

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • HDS

Votes: 31 28.4%

• Total voters

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or this: candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?416653-Lights-you-would-trust-your-life-to, and subtract Fenix, to be in sync with the the current topic title.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Best is oh-so subjective.

Quality? Well they're all quite good.

Best modularity:
Best bomb proof:
Best innovator:
Best at keeping up with current tech:
Best customer service:
Best pizaz:
Best selection:

I picked Elzetta because they send you a sticker with the hand written thank you note on a stack of Elzetta sticky notes.

Simply put I think they all ROCK!

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although this forum must be growing weary of me saying it, my answer is Malkoff. Elzetta would also be in the discussion.

Nichia!

Banned
If only malkoff solve their PWM problem and replace their switches ( don't like McClicky ) they would be perfect..

ven

Flashaholic
Yes add oveready and mcgizmo to the already mentioned, they are all better than the others at different things:p

Bottom line i guess you need a few or all of..................that way you can decide which is best for you:) Customer service is a major part as well............not too sure if surefire is up top there.

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Yes add oveready and mcgizmo to the already mentioned, they are all better than the others at different things:p

Bottom line i guess you need a few or all of..................that way you can decide which is best for you:) Customer service is a major part as well............not too sure if surefire is up top there.
What's wrong with Surefire's customer service?

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Sharp intake of breath"........
Did you really mean to ask that?
If you did, this thread has about 12 hours to live.
Tick, tick, tick, tick..........
P

ven

Flashaholic
What's wrong with Surefire's customer service?

No bad experience myself , just read a few issues(all on here) over the last year or so. Same breath(you can breath again P:p) i still read good customer service as well.

For example, oveready and malkoff...............nothing but great customer service, not read a single negative over the years.

I dont have all brands named, but a good few and they are all worthy of being part of anyone's flashlight ammunition. Some may seem quite spendy, but its definitely a case of buy once cry once. Other than loosing it, its a life time investment and usually up-gradable(p60/ engine etc).

BOB......................you defo need a HDS in your life, it will become your EDC for..........ever!

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
Voted Surefire, would add McGizmo and Cool Fall at the top end. Have experience of both and very happy overall.