Olight S1R strange issue?

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I notice that sometimes when my S1R is fully charged I cannot get it to turn on. I have to remove the battery and put it back on to make it operational. This does not happen often, but it does happen from time to time. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks!

major_works

Newly Enlightened
I've had my S1R for about six months. I've seen this happen too, maybe two or three times? I didn't remove the battery but just kept clicking. I more or less chalked it up to a failure of the switch to make. I can't even remember the last time it happened, so I don't worry about it.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
On top of the obvious above about the electronic lockout:
I have to embarrass myself to ask this, but since 99% of all my lights have the positive end up on the battery, is it possible you put it in wrong going on autopilot, and when you removed and reinserted you did it right? Happened to me twice before I figured it out...

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
I have to embarrass myself to ask this, but since 99% of all my lights have the positive end up on the battery, is it possible you put it in wrong going on autopilot, and when you removed and reinserted you did it right? Happened to me twice before I figured it out...

didnt put it on lockout and battery was in properly

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think KGT may be saying all his Olights have the positive terminal up. The S1R has a special cell & charger that requires the cell to have positive terminal down towards the tail.

Sicumj

Newly Enlightened
Mine is doing the same thing. I just twist the cap half a turn then retighten and it works. I have noticed it happens mostly after not being turned on for 24 hours. I do think it is something electronicly doing this and not a lack of continuity. Is there a delay lockout you can program into this light? I am thinking of contacting Olight for their opinion. As it stands I could not recomend this light as a primary EDC.

subchub

Newly Enlightened
I have had that happen a few times I have had mine for about 2 months or 3 now. I love this light!

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

You don't remove the battery to charge in the S1R.

I've never had the problem Mojer and others have had with my S1R yet (knock on wood.) I'm curious though, which version of the S1R do you guys have? There's at least 2 versions, the first release and the "Turbo S" version.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have quite a few S1r's(8 or 9) & it is faster and easier to put 4 cells in a single charger than mess with multiple slow USB's...I have 3 V2's(my fav), the rest are the older V1's...