Flooding in Branson Missouri 2017!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flooding in Southern Missouri, is wide spread including Branson, Hollister, West Plains, MO, Willow Springs, MO, and Dora, MO areas. Carnage sweeps houses, vehicles, property and more!

If you have pictures or video of your own feel free to share.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been 10 that I know of in southwest MO and north AR, but none that I am aware of right in Branson or Hollister. Casualties are relatively low(considering how wide spread it is) in floods here because of the water management systems.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Warehouse is in Valley Park in STL.

Interstate 44 was closed most of the week and the state road 141 is still closed and will be until Tuesday maybe.

We seemed to have dodged a bullet again,2nd time in 16 months as the water came to within a foot or less from topping the Levee built there after 1993!

I am not sure I want to go back there either?

Thats it at the end of the Arrow!
f1965a005a3f466d4b1524301b650e37.jpg

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing AV. I seriously clicked the play button 3 times before realizing that was a screenshot.

Thats good!
A friend of mine somehow spotted the warehouse from Drone videos that Valley Park put up on their site and grabbed that one frame from it?
It got me too the first time!

The Meramec came up more than 40' in a few days after the 11"+ of rain that we got in 8 days and this shot is from the day they booted us out of town,Tuesday I think.
The Interstate was closed for the whole week and the state road is still closed and will be all of next week too they think,it is a mess!

The thing is not dropping all that fast either so unlike many I am holding off the return move.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?gage=vllm7&wfo=lsx

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk35pTtdrx1uYFyfzdAk8lA/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Last edited: