Acebeam X45 Flashlight Review (4x XHP70, 4x 18650, 16,500 lumens)

mhanlen

Enlightened
Acebeam X45 Review

Hey guys. My latest review is for the Acebeam X45. It is the brightest light I have ever tested- by almost twice as much. In this review I test the light pretty extensively, including: runtimes, outputs, and more. There's a thorough demonstration of the User Interface, and a big beamshot comparison with the Olight X7 and the Noctigon Meteor. Acebeam provided this light for review and testing.

Thanks for watching.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your detailed and valuable review. I am looking to grab a modded specimen rated at 25,000 lumens.

mhanlen

Enlightened
Thank you for your detailed and valuable review. I am looking to grab a modded specimen rated at 25,000 lumens.

Nice! Is that a vinh light?

Great review on an impressive light mhanlen, thanks. Nice little cameo from your lad too! [emoji4]

It's my little lass! When daddy is watching her, I guess I put on clothes that I would wear. Ugg.. pink is ugly (my thought process)!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's my little lass! When daddy is watching her, I guess I put on clothes that I would wear. Ugg.. pink is ugly (my thought process)!

Oops, sorry! It's hard to tell with a hoody on! Cute regardless! In to Daddy's lights big time by the looks. [emoji4][emoji106]

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
The drivers vinh uses are FET drivers which run the light in direct drive essentially and do not have the ability to regulate the output. Output will always depend on voltage.

Last edited:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure it's a false economy it's working as designed. It's a trade off for high lumens up front but you lose the ability to regulate the output. I am unsure of how big of a driver would be needed and the cells needed to regulate 25000 lumens for a length of time.

Last edited:

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
Yeaah... I saw through the 25k lumen output for the first 30s for the x45vn and figured the stock light is way more practical.

Regulated output, Moonlight mode, better ui than vnx2 imo, the battery indicator works, you don't have to fear about melting the light from leaving it on turbo too long, you keep 5 year warranty and best of all, you can buy it locally much cheaper in NW and receive it by the weekend. (mine has just shipped) :)

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
I've gone the stock X45 route too now after returning the X45vn.
Good move. I think the stock x45 is simply a winner. Plus you can get longer Runtimes with the 3000mah cells. I will likely be selling my mint x7 NW when this one arrives and have done beamshots. The x7 is a great light but simply isn't so useful with only 30kcd.

EDness

Newly Enlightened
Yeaah... I saw through the 25k lumen output for the first 30s for the x45vn and figured the stock light is way more practical.

Regulated output, Moonlight mode, better ui than vnx2 imo, the battery indicator works, you don't have to fear about melting the light from leaving it on turbo too long, you keep 5 year warranty and best of all, you can buy it locally much cheaper in NW and receive it by the weekend. (mine has just shipped) :)

Can you tell me where you got your X45 from? and price if you don't mind...

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
Just received my x45 nw. Same tint as my x7 NW which is around 4800k. Perfect for me. Haven't tested at night yet but I have compared to x7 and let's just say it is very impressive, especially throw.

EDness

Newly Enlightened
Just received my x45 nw. Same tint as my x7 NW which is around 4800k. Perfect for me. Haven't tested at night yet but I have compared to x7 and let's just say it is very impressive, especially throw.

I just bought a NW X45 as well. There's a sale on it and it's too good to pass up. Looking forward to the beamshots!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I was able to play with an X45 NW and compare it to my favorite light...the K60.

Excellent output, compact size, pretty nice beam pattern [for a quad], and the tint was ok. If we didn't have few K60's there to compare, it may have looked better. But the K60's have such a nice tint.

The UI on the X45 has to be the least intuitive of any light I've every handled. The way Acebeam set up access to turbo max [the timing has to be just right] it's as if they really don't want users to get there.

I could live with the tint [on the NW version] but the UI is a definite killer for me.

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
Last night I was able to play with an X45 NW and compare it to my favorite light...the K60.

Excellent output, compact size, pretty nice beam pattern [for a quad], and the tint was ok. If we didn't have few K60's there to compare, it may have looked better. But the K60's have such a nice tint.

The UI on the X45 has to be the least intuitive of any light I've every handled. The way Acebeam set up access to turbo max [the timing has to be just right] it's as if they really don't want users to get there.

I could live with the tint [on the NW version] but the UI is a definite killer for me.
There you go, everyone's tastes are different. The nw seems perfect for me but you like CW.

As for the UI, I will admit it's not quite as polished as the x7. Maybe I'm just breaking it in, but I found sometimes the light would go straight to lockout instead of moonlight, and also once holding down button from moonlight, most of the time it goes straight to medium instead of low which is strange. An advantage over the x7 is that after using turbo, click it off and it goes to low if that is what you were using it before engaging turbo, where the x7 goes to high regardless.

The double click to turbo max is good to stop uneducated people from getting those 15,000 lumens 😎. I don't mind that at all.

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
There you go, everyone's tastes are different. The nw seems perfect for me but you like CW.

No I don't like cool white, just white.

Unfortunately neither of the current X45 variants are white. The CW is blue/green and the NW is yellow/green.

Hopefully Acebeam will upgrade bins on future production runs of the X45.

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
No I don't like cool white, just white.

Unfortunately neither of the current X45 variants are white. The CW is blue/green and the NW is yellow/green.

Hopefully Acebeam will upgrade bins on future production runs of the X45.
Ok fair enough, I tested it tonight next to my BLF A6 3D nw, and it is almost 500k warmer I'd say and a noticeable green tint but not bad at all, no where near like putting up with blue/green of the CW. I'd say they didn't pick the higher cri nw as that requires more phosphor coating reducing output. That explains why both cw and nw models are putting out very similar otf figures.

I may look at doing an emitter swap to xhp70.2 when they are available to get actual 16,000 lumens ansi.