Loose tail cap magnet on Convoy C8

Arizona_Mike

Newly Enlightened
I just received an order from Banggood 2 S2+ (one of them UV), a complete C8, and a C8 shell to build my own thrower.

I got some tailcap magnets. The magnet is loose in one of the C8s and does not shake out but stays behind on the ferromagnetic surface when pulling the light away. I tried a little vinyl tape but it is too thick. I want to be careful to use something that that will not get all over the button cover. Clear nail polish? Locktite? I have some clear locktite for non-porous surfaces like metal to metal. I don't remember the formulation number but it was recommended for preventing rotation of Heim joints used in a suspension instead of rubber bushings. I've also used it on aluminum steering rack and differential spacers that replace bushings.

Mike

PS. I was surprised when ordering S2+ lights that I did get the new metal switch. Does anyone know what to look for in an item description to make sure you get the new switch cover style?

Arizona_Mike

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I wanted the hard Type III anodising for EDC in pocket wear resistance because denim can be quite abrasive so I'm still happy with my choice.

Mike

Arizona_Mike

Newly Enlightened
I did some searching and saw a recommendation for a Chinese 2-component high temp epoxy called Ergo7200. I'll just use a similar product.

Mike