Help us to improve Armytek tactical flashlights.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
We are interested in your opinion how to improve Armytek tactical flashlights. Write to us, please, what features you would add or remove.

insanefred

Enlightened
We are interested in your opinion how to improve Armytek tactical flashlights. Write to us, please, what features you would add or remove.

For me, the easiest thing would be not using the word "tactical".

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
Hi Armytek, I think you already have some good lights with the new XHP LEDs, but here some ideas:

- wireless charging option
- infinite brightness control(ring) like the HDS rotary
- modularity like Elzetta and Malkoff do
- but most important above all other options: super, ultra reliable (simple and potted electronics, best quality switches)

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a true tactical light, it has to work the first time and every time, out of the box.

Max output by default with no mode memory. If you're sticking with the head twist UI, that means Max output regardless of whether the head is tightened or loosened. This goes for momentary activation on Max as well.

One or multiple lower modes are nice, but access to them and their activation should in no way and under no circumstances compromise the activation of the default Max output.

A lot of folks prefer CW for tactical lights, but a NW option would be appreciated.

Pot the driver AND the LED MCPCB and the lead wires. Heck, pot the switch as well.

No other extra electronics like in light charging or fancy UI that can potentially malfunction and or compromise the operation of the light.

Anti-roll feature machined onto head of the light (look at the Surefire 6P), not depending on the shape of the tactical ring.

A slightly stiffer and larger tactical ring.

A larger and thicker lanyard hole.

Consider acrylic TIR optics in lieu of the current reflector and lens (although your current design seems pretty tough as it is).

And those clips, if you decide to keep them on tactical lights, design them better to sit flush in the groove and not rock and slide.

I must applaud your beam profiles as they minimize the abrupt transition in brightness between hotspot and spill present in so many other lights with decent throw. However, try reducing the bezel thickness a bit to increase the width of the spill.

Provide true constant output for the max mode for at the entire duration of at least 1 hour.

Serp

Newly Enlightened
Don't use epoxy.
Over time, epoxy adhesive shrinks and tears off the components. The electrical contact is broken. The driver is out.
It can not be repaired. Because of epoxy, it can only be broken.
This is the main reason why I sold my ArmyTek

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Maybe a future option to turn off that flashing light on the headlamp and Prime switch as sometimes it's more of an annoyance than benefit.

edit. Oh Tactical lights. Didn't read the full title. Will have to think about that one as kinda happy with my Predator and Viking.

Last edited:

grinsefalle

Newly Enlightened
For a true tactical light, it has to work the first time and every time, out of the box.

Max output by default with no mode memory.
... NW option would be appreciated.
No other extra electronics like in light charging ...
Anti-roll feature machined onto head ...
...acrylic TIR optics ...

+1, very well thought!

I would like to add:
# Max mode must be default. If the user is in another mode (like low when checking documents), there has to be a way to switch to max mode with only one hand (no head twist or similar).
# Flat regulation is good, but I like it better, when the brightness declines slowly, when the battery is depleted. Better to have this warning and low light, than a flashlight, which shuts off suddenly and lets you stay in the dark.

Michael

xpusostomos

Newly Enlightened
Keep the same user interface on all your lights to keep customers loyal. I actually quite like the Wizard UI, but it's disappointing to find different UIs on every light.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me Armyteks looked attractive, but the main stopper was quality. People over here were reporting multiple issues. I live in Lithuania so an option of sending brand new lights back for replacements or repairs was a deal killer for me.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep your flashlights so they can use either rechargeable or disposable batteries. I know there are new lights that need high drain batteries, but their must be a way in the future to release a light that has a very high output on high drain lithium ion and a reduced output on primary disposable lithium batteries when used. Thanks for listening.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
its been a long time since i posted.

so here's my suggestion.

for handheld lights:
1) more robust lanyard loops
2) removable grip rings for the Partner series?
3) smoother beam profile like those from the Wizard series (i own the Wizard I with the newer plastic headband clip:rolleyes:)
4) make the side switch of the Partner C2 Pro & future series flushed to prevent accidental activation when in use.

for angle lights:
1) a more secure holder, if its too expensive, make it an accessory? i am currently using an Olight WM10 weapon mount (with spacer). the thumb screw makes fine angle adjustment very convenient & the light very secure. its attached to a rail mount system.

general:
1) have neutral tints, as suggested by a few others in the other thread.
2) make all click switches white, grey, or black, instead of yellow? (personal preference)
Yellow seems out-of-place for "army"
3) the supplied pocket clips are a bit hard to install & remove.

that's about all i can think of, for now. :)

texas cop

Enlightened
I've got four of your lights so far, no issues. I prefer single cell lights for the simplicity of it all and the safety factor. I'd like to see you take the next step and add a few lights in 20700 currently made by Panasonic. Add a sleeve for the 18650's. If you change nothing else you'll have a much longer run time. Working nights that very important to me. The Dobermann, Viking and Predator would be greatly improved with the new cells, as only quality cell are being made now.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the Armytek Prime C2 Pro v3 XP-L, but I want to replace the LED with a different one. Unfortunately the LEDs PCB is held in place by small rivets and the LEDs wires go through these rivets. It's almost impossible to remove these rivets without damaging the wires. Replacing damaged wires is also almost impossible because the driver is potted.

So please use screws to hold the LED pcb in place. This makes everything much easier.

Also the tailcap with the removable magnet is not so nice. I often accidentally unscrew the cap for the magnet. There must be a better way. It's also too long because of the magnet.

Last edited:

Chad Varnadore

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about your lights. I was about to pull the trigger on 3 Armyteks (Wizard, Viking, Predator), just a couple weeks ago, but had a few, seemingly simple, pre-sell questions in need of answers. The experience was so ridiculous, I decided it prudent to put in some more research before gambling roughly $300, on a company that has no physical presence in the US and thus can't be held to their warranty claims. Impact resistance claims of roughly 30 meters, when every other flashlight manufacturer seems to have trouble making a light that can handle a simple 1 meter impact, almost sounds too good to be true. Sadly, I quickly found a number of customers complaining that your customer support seemed non-existent to them for post-sell warranty support too. So, I'd say customer support is an area that desperately needs improvement.

I've sent you three emails myself. The first reply took 2-3 days to arrive and failed to address all of my questions. Instead the rep asked me where I was located, as if that had anything to do with the answers. That kind of response was a red-flag to me that you might not treat international customers equally, but I responded with the requested info anyway, and elaborated further on what specific lights I was interested in purchasing. Armytek's next reply (same rep) made no sense whatsoever, telling me that white was all that was available if ordering from Amazon, when I'd already specified I was planning on ordering direct from armyteks site, not amazon, as amazon didn't have two of the items I was looking for. This response still completely ignored all of the questions in my initial inquiry, which was only 2 or 3 seemingly simple questions. In my third email I basically just repeated the questions I needed answered. Two weeks later and so far that email has been ignored completely.

Latest posts