Manker E11, UTorch UT01 -- Comparison Pictures!

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
A while back when the UTorch UT01 debuted, several people - including me - commented that it looked like a rebranded Manker E11.

I already owned the Manker E11, so when the UT01 hit a low price on sale, I picked one up to compare. (To be clear, neither light was provided to me for review.)

Both models were sold as Neutral White versions.

Here are a few pictures to show how the two are similar -- and different. Please forgive me, but I did not spend any time editing the pictures or going for "the perfect shot". The idea was simply to line the two up and see how they look.

First, the side profiles.
The knurling design is different.
The Manker has a battery direction indicator; the UTorch does not.
The head, tail, battery tube, and overall lengths are the same.
The button and surrounding flat spots are the same.
34617223765_711f116708_c.jpg

Both have AR-coated glass.
The Manker's glass is a bit more peach-colored (left).
The UTorch's more purplish (right).
34617223835_c86ffbb1f5_c.jpg

Both have well-centered LEDs.
The Manker's orange peel (left) is more pronounced than the UTorch's (right)
34617223805_f65cbf84dc_c.jpg

The tail ends are identical, with one obvious exception. (Manker on left)
34617223665_95ba0c6440_c.jpg

The Manker has a single spring (left).
The UTorch has a double spring (right).
34455332472_fe3cbbdb4b_c.jpg

Both battery tubes have the same square-cut threads.
Both were lubricated on the tail end, less on the head end.
Ignore the lint on the Manker o-ring (left); I've pocket carried it several times.
34455332292_d0c8a303a5_c.jpg

Both have similar circuitry in the heads but only the Manker's has Manker branding (left).
34617223905_547cdcc227_c.jpg

While both were sold as Neutral White models, the temps vary.
The Manker is on the cooler side of neutral (right).
The UTorch is closer to warm (left).
34617223935_10e1fc5e04_c.jpg

Finally, I tested the outputs using the same Efest IMR 14500 V1 battery. The Manker outperformed the UTorch by over 75 lumens. The E11 and UT01 both have XP-L emitters. The color temp of the UTorch likely had some detrimental effect as warmer temps typically have lower outputs than cooler bins, but I didn't expect to see quite such a difference - especially since the UT01 had the double tail spring.

I did not test runtimes. Maybe I'll do that in the future. My main intent here was really just to show the design differences.

proceed5

Enlightened
Thank you BDM82 for the comparisons and info.

This Manker company is confusing, for us end users it seems they OEM for a few other Light companies like Astrolux ...

Would it be possible for you to describe your experience using the Manker E11 ?

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you BDM82 for the comparisons and info.

This Manker company is confusing, for us end users it seems they OEM for a few other Light companies like Astrolux ...

Would it be possible for you to describe your experience using the Manker E11 ?
Hmm, experience? Tell me more about what parts you mean and I'll tell you more about my experience.

Generally speaking, it's my go-to AA light right now. I run Efest 14500 most of the time. The light has been reliable and hiccup free. Uild quality seems great.
It's rated Turbo output is a little optomistic; say 600 is what I tend to get with a "normal" battery 30-60 seconds on. (Battery over 4.0 but not fresh off charger, battery not brand new, terminals not freshly cleaned/de-ox'ed, etc.)

It has a lot of wow factor. Big output. Decent tint. It does get hot on turbo but doesn't burn me as the battery slowly forces it down before the stepdown by 3 min drops it. Good steps on the brightness. It is not a search and rescue light, but it's a AA size battery; what can be asked of it?

The only bad thing about the experience is the lack of electronic lockout- at least that I've found. Mechanical lockout is easy backing off the tailcap a tad, so I tend to do that or at least make sure I didn't have it on high last before throwing in my pocket.

proceed5

Enlightened
Hmm, experience? Tell me more about what parts you mean and I'll tell you more about my experience.

Generally speaking, it's my go-to AA light right now. I run Efest 14500 most of the time. The light has been reliable and hiccup free. Uild quality seems great.
It's rated Turbo output is a little optomistic; say 600 is what I tend to get with a "normal" battery 30-60 seconds on. (Battery over 4.0 but not fresh off charger, battery not brand new, terminals not freshly cleaned/de-ox'ed, etc.)

It has a lot of wow factor. Big output. Decent tint. It does get hot on turbo but doesn't burn me as the battery slowly forces it down before the stepdown by 3 min drops it. Good steps on the brightness. It is not a search and rescue light, but it's a AA size battery; what can be asked of it?

The only bad thing about the experience is the lack of electronic lockout- at least that I've found. Mechanical lockout is easy backing off the tailcap a tad, so I tend to do that or at least make sure I didn't have it on high last before throwing in my pocket.
Thank you BDM82 for your replies.
Ok you have answered most.
Is the beam one big hotspot or would it be more like conventional reflector based lights with plenty of spills and sizeable hotspot (i presume)?
Battery wise, does it need to be Unprotected & IMR or can it run on LI-Ion that we normally use in our say Olight S1A ?
Yup, planning to go into AA-size (14500 lights) & for back up.
Cheers

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you BDM82 for your replies.
Ok you have answered most.
Is the beam one big hotspot or would it be more like conventional reflector based lights with plenty of spills and sizeable hotspot (i presume)?
Battery wise, does it need to be Unprotected & IMR or can it run on LI-Ion that we normally use in our say Olight S1A ?
Yup, planning to go into AA-size (14500 lights) & for back up.
Cheers

No problem, happy to help.

The hotspot is pretty wide, I'd describe it as a floody light overall.

As for batteries, it has a pretty short battery tube, so most protected li-ion cells don't fit. Any nimh rechargeable fits fine. Alkaline AA and Lithium L91 primaries fit fine (though alkaline can't power it as well). Unprotected li-ion cells fit fine.

I don't know about the cell you use in the olight, but my fenix protected 800 mah cell doesn't fit. My 650 mah Nitecore imr fits. My 700 mah efest imr fits fine.

Final note, Budda did a good review on the E11. He reviewed the cool white version so the output is a bit higher than the neutral white version I have, but all else carries through.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/420275

proceed5

Enlightened
No problem, happy to help.

The hotspot is pretty wide, I'd describe it as a floody light overall.

As for batteries, it has a pretty short battery tube, so most protected li-ion cells don't fit. Any nimh rechargeable fits fine. Alkaline AA and Lithium L91 primaries fit fine (though alkaline can't power it as well). Unprotected li-ion cells fit fine.

I don't know about the cell you use in the olight, but my fenix protected 800 mah cell doesn't fit. My 650 mah Nitecore imr fits. My 700 mah efest imr fits fine.

Final note, Budda did a good review on the E11. He reviewed the cool white version so the output is a bit higher than the neutral white version I have, but all else carries through.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/420275

Thank you again BDM82 for sharing your views.

With my Olight S1A's I have been using NiMH,Alkalin,14500 Li, Li-IMR cells depending on needs.
OK, great, since this Manker E11 is slim, small and lightweight, I may likely go get one.
Thanks again and again BDM82 :D

proceed5

Enlightened
Hi BDM82,
Thanks for your recommendation and for your sharing, I just received my Manker E11.

My feedback on my unit:
mine comes with double spring on tail cap
Beam tint is on the warmer side of NW (more like Warm).

Happy with my purchase

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi BDM82,
Thanks for your recommendation and for your sharing, I just received my Manker E11.

My feedback on my unit:
mine comes with double spring on tail cap
Beam tint is on the warmer side of NW (more like Warm).

Happy with my purchase
Congrats on the new light.

Mine was an earlier buy; sounds like dual spring is now standard.

There's always some tint lottery; I'm betting if I had another e11 it wouldn't be exactly like the first. As long as you're happy that's what matters, right? [emoji1]

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the comparison.

I mounted the clip on my UT01 for head up carry, so that greatly reduces the likelihood of accidental activation.

The clips on these lights are horrible out of the box and have to be re-shaped with pliers before the light can be clipped onto a pants pocket.

The tint on my UT01 looks more like your E11.

The UI of the UT01 takes a bit of getting used to after carrying a Zebralight for a couple years.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the comparison.

I mounted the clip on my UT01 for head up carry, so that greatly reduces the likelihood of accidental activation.

The clips on these lights are horrible out of the box and have to be re-shaped with pliers before the light can be clipped onto a pants pocket.

The tint on my UT01 looks more like your E11.

The UI of the UT01 takes a bit of getting used to after carrying a Zebralight for a couple years.
You bet. And that's a solid idea.
Heck, I forgot it even had a clip as I never used it, going deep (in the) pocket when carried instead. Clip would protect the button a bit though.