Sunwayman M11R

fishndad

Enlightened
I see there is a tube extender to house AA battery in my Mr Elfin.
seeing how it operates on an 123 3.7volt battery.
is there any reason with the tube extended.i couldn't use a 14500?

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see there is a tube extender to house AA battery in my Mr Elfin.
seeing how it operates on an 123 3.7volt battery.
is there any reason with the tube extended.i couldn't use a 14500?

I have a tan M11R, two V11Rs, had a tan V10R and I have two AA extenders for them.

I don't use them, as it defeats the shortness of the light, for me. In fact, the M11R isn't all that much brighter on a li-ion AW IMR that I use, than on a CR123A.

Certainly not like the difference with a V11R/V10R on li-ions vs. CR123As, where the light is almost twice as bright on paper.

While the Sanyo UR14500P has more capacity, it's just not worth the effort, but I do have them and I can use AAs/14500s if I have to, so that's a bonus and why I bought them while on sale. Not because I want to EDC the lights with the AA extender tube.

Chris

Last edited:

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the V11R and the tube extender and a couple of 14500s, but I never use them. Most 14500s have little or no more capacity than a good, common RCR123, and it makes the light much bigger. I just take the tube with me when traveling, in case I need to use emergency AA alkalines.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the V11R and the tube extender and a couple of 14500s, but I never use them. Most 14500s have little or no more capacity than a good, common RCR123, and it makes the light much bigger. I just take the tube with me when traveling, in case I need to use emergency AA alkalines.

Yeah, for about $15, or $10 on sale, it's a no brainer just to have, as it increases your options, whether you use it, or not.

With the AA tube installed, the light's not much shorter than some of the smaller 18650 lights, so there's that to consider.

Chris

Latest posts