So i think im done with Nitecore...

greeknasty

Newly Enlightened
Well my first nitecore i bought was a TIP. Nightmare. Went through 2 of them before one finally worked.
So i figured meh just a fluke. So i buy a NU30 headlamp. On my second use the plastic broke...and this is with no hard use whatsoever. So i think im done with buying nitecore products.
qUlsyfT.jpg

fishndad

Enlightened
I just got the P10 in the mail.
There is a lever on the tail cap that you push to change the modes.
One of the push pins holding it on was out when I opened the package.
I just took the thing off.
It's not needed to operate the light anyway.
The pocket clip is cheesy too.
But the light over all is of good quality for the $50. I paid for it.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: So i think im done with Nitecore... (I have not even started)

But I am planning on starting, as soon as something very interesting comes along.

A TM06 upgraded to put out lots and lots more lumens would be great.

I hope the broken plastic thingy is easily resolvable.

------------
My lights: Acebeam: K70vn, EC50vn, two X65Vn. Eagletac: SX25L3 MT-G2, MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fenix: TK75vnQ70 dome on. 47's: MMU-X3. Manker: MK34Vn. Niwalker MM15, andMM15MBvnSpec1. Noctigon: Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. Olight: S2 Baton. P60vn: Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Thrunite: TN36UTvn, TN42vn. Ordered from Vinh 5-12-17: Acebeam X45vn 70.2, after refurbished with New Driver.

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Oh!,that's weird.Mine has seen many hard uses and still no issue.In my experience ,the rear plastic plate is quite flexible, and is less prone to breaking during use.Still since, it's plastic, if you are not careful in adjusting the angle of headlamp it may bend this plastic frame.I think when I tried to adjust the angle using only one hand ,the plastic frame bends ,quite a lot.So I take extra care while adjusting angle and by using both my hands, there was no bending.

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience is that at least in the lower and middle price segment there are sometimes flashlights that don't have the quality you expect from the producing company. That's the reason I always read alot of reviews of the products I want to buy.

My first flashlight with better quality had a bug in the UI so I had to send it in and got a new one which still works to this day since 2008 ;-). But I can understand that your situation is frustrating, in the headlamp case I would contact the seller and send it back in.

mhpreston

Enlightened
I've got two plus charger and so far they've been excellent. Sorry to hear about your experience. What's their customer service like?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to read. I am a fan of NC products. As always, YMMV: I have probably 30 of their products and gifted and recommended dozens all work as described. I must be super lucky.

DMS1970

Enlightened
I've had horrible luck. Now when I see a Nitecore product that I think I like, I buy another zebralight.

greeknasty

Newly Enlightened
I've got two plus charger and so far they've been excellent. Sorry to hear about your experience. What's their customer service like?
Their CS tells you to call the store you got it from. In my case its bangood and I'm not sure how they'll deal with it. I knew I should've stick with fenix. I have 3 fenix lights thats gone to hell and back and are good as new

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
nitecorestore and illumn have Nitecore products. Both have conducted themselves honorably with returns of defective flashlights. 2 Tubes, 3 Tips, TM36, EC4S, R1 and i2 chargers. 3 T360's, NU20, P12, are all functional. 2 defective Tips were exchanged for solid units still going strong.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really a matter of originating market. Nitecore (and Fenix!) insist that lights be returned to their original market for servicing. This is because they appropriate spares based on the originals.

You buy from China, you have to send it back to China so they can use the China spares.

You buy from a US distributor like NitecoreStore or Illumn or Battery Junction and you get to send it through them and the US spares get used.

I have purchased many times from Banggood and Gearbest and have no problems with them but realize that I'm gambling I won't need service, or will have to pay more to get it because shipping back to China is pricey. It's always a matter of "is the deal enough of a deal?".

The cheapest I've seen the NU30 on BG is 30% off. NitecoreStore offers 15% off with cpf discount (and both NCS and Illumn have other sales) every day. So that's a $6 savings difference. BJ has it 25% off right now, so a $2 difference from BG.

This is one of those that I'd source domestically for the <$6 as returning it to China is a no-go given the high shipping cost and low product cost.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
You buy from China, you have to send it back to China so they can use the China spares.

You buy from a US distributor like NitecoreStore or Illumn or Battery Junction and you get to send it through them and the US spares get used.

That's not true in every case. I bought a Sunwayman V10R back in 2012 from Battery Junction and a year later, it stopped working on primaries, but continued to work on li-ions, which I exclusively used.

I contacted them, since I wasn't sure if I had exceeded 1 year (theirs is a 2yr. warranty) and they to send it in, that they would mail it back to China for repair/replace and that I would be on the hook for a $20 shipping fee. I even signed a paper to that effect and sent it in with the light.

Well, 2 months went by and I finally got an Email saying that they couldn't repair it and that they were out of the V10R, since the new V11R had already bowed.

They ended up sending me a brand new V11R and didn't charge me the $20.

I don't think that Battery Junction keeps many spare parts around for all of the brands and models that they carry. How could they?

I don't even know if they shipped the thing back to China, but I was happy and sad, since the V11R only came in black and I loved the tan color of my V10R.

I eventually bought a tan M11R from BJ, just based on that service alone, as well as a SWM D40A!

Chris

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not true in every case. I bought a Sunwayman V10R back in 2012 from Battery Junction and a year later, it stopped working on primaries, but continued to work on li-ions, which I exclusively used.

I contacted them, since I wasn't sure if I had exceeded 1 year (theirs is a 2yr. warranty) and they to send it in, that they would mail it back to China for repair/replace and that I would be on the hook for a $20 shipping fee. I even signed a paper to that effect and sent it in with the light.

Well, 2 months went by and I finally got an Email saying that they couldn't repair it and that they were out of the V10R, since the new V11R had already bowed.

They ended up sending me a brand new V11R and didn't charge me the $20.

I don't think that Battery Junction keeps many spare parts around for all of the brands and models that they carry. How could they?

I don't even know if they shipped the thing back to China, but I was happy and sad, since the V11R only came in black and I loved the tan color of my V10R.

I eventually bought a tan M11R from BJ, just based on that service alone, as well as a SWM D40A!

Chris
Yeah, sorry, my statements on spares were meant to apply exclusively to the two brands I listed, since they've made public statements to that effect before.

At the end of the day a good dealer can overcome all challenges. BJ is top tier, as is GG, because both have demonstrated a willingness to be the contact point on several brands and work with the overseas manufacturer to make it right.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EA41 died. The blue battery level light still worked, the the main LED never came on. Since I bought it from Gearbest, I queried them for procedures. Even though Nitecore has a five year warranty on the light, Gearbest only supports a one year warranty, and told me they could do nothing for me. I contacted Nitecore, and they very graciously told me that they would process the warranty return, even though I had purchased it from Gearbest.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EA41 died. The blue battery level light still worked, the the main LED never came on. Since I bought it from Gearbest, I queried them for procedures. Even though Nitecore has a five year warranty on the light, Gearbest only supports a one year warranty, and told me they could do nothing for me. I contacted Nitecore, and they very graciously told me that they would process the warranty return, even though I had purchased it from Gearbest.

Last I read Nitecore's warranty, they delegate warranty services to their authorized dealers. If Gearbest is an authorized dealer, then there's nothing gracious about Nitecore taking up your case; it's what they were supposed to do. If GB is NOT an authorized dealer, and you basically took that risk giving it your business, then I agree that Nitecore was gracious, because they didn't have to honor the warranty.

concor

Newly Enlightened
I've never had any problems with my several Nitcores.

I think the problem in your case is the plastic instead of rubber mount for your headlamp. The rubber on my Zebralight mounts have lasted many years. I would go with Zebralight and Olight headlamps since they use rubber instead of more breakable plastic. Plus, they are excellent headlamps!

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Nitecore TM-26.. year and half everything was great then the charger port busted.. I still have it and I charge the batteries outside of the flashlight itself now but it still sucks that the return/repair service is not the best.. Im scared to send mine back.. also whatever coating they use on the outside rubs off slowly but scratches off really easy.