Elektro Lumens Firesword V upgrade?

Symmetry

Newly Enlightened
Curious about just how bad an idea this is. I've had a Firesword V as an EDC light for a few years now, and I gather LED technology has kept improving in the meantime. The body is great and honestly so is the head, but I'm greedy and wondering if I should be getting more light for my electrons.

I do a fair amount of hobby soldering; I have a cheap hot air rework station but I'm by no means an expert at the micro scale stuff. I have a general electronics background but I'm really a software boyo.

Given that, should I just be happy with the light I've got (which is still enough to fill a room ridiculously), or is there a reasonable drop in replacement I could do without messing up the driver electronics or the optics of the reflectors? Any advice is very welcome, including "mess up a $50 flashlight before you risk destroying one that you can't buy anymore" (now that Elektro Lumens is gone).

Thanks in advance!!

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you have some photos of it taken apart? Most common drivers are 17mm diameter, with most common LED mpcb boards being 16mm. If your existing driver and LED board are the same size, then you're in luck