Polishing Flashlights

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested in hearing if you guys polish your shiny custom lights and what you use.

DRAWs

Newly Enlightened
rough side of leather and fine stropping compound (?)
it can give mirror polish on knife edge, but for softer aluminum YMMV

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan of the process myself, but I have used red rouge on a buffing wheel and Mother's Mag polish on brass and aluminum pieces before.
I've also read of people using brasso with good results.

ven

Flashaholic
I have been using some good old Brasso metal polish, takes a good bit of work with the wadding though.

Polished a few up recently, the d25c ti which does not show too well in this pic

Little bit of cu as well

I have also polished up the pocket rocket from Daniel, breathed on by gunga(219b and h17f). To remove some fine scratches from use(how the heck do they get there!?!)

Its not something i do regular, just every now and then(few months gap then go on a polishing spree ). I like the patina on copper, also like starting it again:)

irongate

Enlightened
Blue Magic -Metal Polish Cream is what I use on my Brass, copper, chrome lights and other pieces around the house. To me this out shines Brasso and some of the other products out there. It does not take very much. It also cleans and removes tarnish with no trouble at all.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Brasso looks nice. I recently discovered Flitz and that's been doing real well

Sybert777

Newly Enlightened
Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. Quick and easy with excellent results. Just always make sure to finish it up with a microfiber cloth.