Tools or Toys: The Bendy Head Flashlight.

The bendy head flashlgiht, tool or toy?

• Tool with a usful function

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Toy with a gimmick

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for both. For two reasons. One mans' toy is another mans tool. And the converse is true, too. The radio buttons are square.

I like the bendy head light. It goes with my bendy head. It has more personality than most people I know.

22.5 degrees off the vertical and horizontal should come in handy. Zero, 60 and 45 degrees are so restrictively rectilinear and Cartesian.

Arc cosine 0.8660 degrees should be handy, too.

Thanks for the video! :)

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Good video.
I have a larger version and the twisty head is handy for the AC work I do.
This smaller model should be the cat's meow.

Lateck,

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
I definitely think it's a useful tool. I have a Klarus AR10 and it's a nice feature to have! I only wonder about the waterproofing:thinking:

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
I had the Fenix MC11 and it was a good light. However, it was made pretty early on in the positionable head market. It lacked max power and had no magnet. That might not sound like a big deal but when working on a car having positionable head light with a good strong magnet makes life so much easier.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only wonder about the waterproofing:thinking:

I hadn't thought of that. I bet if you submerged it you'd see bubbles. Don't think I'll try though :)

a good strong magnet makes life so much easier.

Agreed. It needs to be at least decent too. A weak one just means you'll be digging out of the engine compartment etc. This one is pretty good, but if you bumped it hard, it would fall.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
They need those activated magnets like massive drills use to secure the drill to steel while being drilled or like you often see on engine lift measuring tools. Those suckers do not move unless you deactivate the magnet.