Malkoff        
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: The vintage California cop light company thread

Default Re: The vintage California cop light company thread

Very nice!! You bet me to it on the bay, lol. I did see that was a Covina model so it's going to be a super early light! Please let us know what the serial is when you get it. I'm willing to bet it's very low. Someone took awesome care of that light when they owned it!

Feeling jelly here.
    Good score(s) fellows.

One guy in another thread he still uses his Tekna Splash-Lite after 33 years.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by konifans View Post

Gold Kel-Lite 2C, this photo is from the seller. I should get it in 2 weeks.
    I received the light but it has battery leakage inside the light and probably because of this I cannot remove the tailcap. What a pity. I have to return the light.
    This is the Covina version, the head, barrel and tailcap were well polished so the surface is smooth. That is better than the later Barstow version. I am not sure if it had a special polishing process for gold anodizing. And the knurling is better, too. It has no serial number on the barrel.

Don't return it! Sell it to me or send it my way, the original seller will likely junk it and that would be a shame for such a rare light. I'd be happy to take a look at it for you and fix it or add it to my collection. Please shoot me a PM. Thanks!!!

If you would like it fixed I'd be more than happy to do it free of charge if you can cover shipping and any parts. Of course there is a risk it won't be successful or may damage the light. I've gotten every light fixed I've tried some have just come out a little better than others.

Here's a nice gold Maglite I just fixed that had 2 seized batteries and a stuck end cap. Just as good as new when it was completed.

Definitely!!

Lift'd can do it.

I had a junky Vare-Beam that was sun faded, rusty, and plagued by work bench destruction to remove a stuck tailcap and he made it look pretty good. Ha, he even made it round again and got most of the vice marks out of it.
    Magically he got the sun fade on one side to match the unfaded side too.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-10-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Lol, I don't know about the sun fade but I am able to do quite a bit with some rough lights. No guarantees but I haven't lost one yet. That Vari-Beam is a sweet one! Low serial intermediate one if IIRC. Aw heck, I know ya got some pics!

Thanks mate! Unfortunately I already returned the light two days ago...

I'd like to take the time to mention that Lumens Factory is doing some great things for some of the late model cop lights like the Pelican M6, Streamlights TL2 incan and Stinger incan along with SureFire products.
    The SureFire stuff is well known but....
    Mark also makes LED upgrades for Streamlights and Pelicans. The Pelican upgrades also fit Pentagon products. The TL2 upgrade also fits NiteFighter lights.

I've recently seen where Mark @LF along with another CPF member are colaborating on possible McClicky switches and sleeve for the weak link in the chain Pelican M3/6 lights. That could open up a new chapter for what was once one of the best 6 volt cop lights made in California USA.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-15-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112