Insight HX200 (Great light) Quick review and questions

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
Well, I did it, I bought two Insight HX200 lights and there AWESOME!!!! Very rugged in the hands and bright. I know there discontinued and maybe the runtimes aren't that great compared to other lights on the market, but I don't care, there great lights and well built in my opinion.Very bright (200 lumens).

The only down fall of this light is that it likes to roll all over the place when I set it down on a flat surface.Can someone recommend a pouch for this light so I can store it in my drawer without having the light rolling whenever I open and close my drawer?

Now the battery question:

These lights came with the Duracell CR123 cells and my question is, that I have spare Surefire 123s left in the box. When the Duracell batteries are dead, can I use the Surefire ones which are new and never been used? The Insight HX200 manual recommends Duracell batteries, but can I use other known 123a brands like Surefire, Streamlight, or Energizer?
Does it really matter what brand I use as long as there reliable brands when it comes to using 123a batteries?

Last edited:

Latest posts