UI > Long reset times drive me crazy!

markr6

Flashaholic
I was using my Manker E01 last night and I just don't get the UI…at all. Same goes for the L3 Illuminations L10 and L10C, which are some of my favorites. But they have LONG RESET TIMES when advancing the modes.

- It starts in low mode. That makes sense to keep from blinding you in the dark.

- The reset time is around 8 seconds. So if I turn it off then back on later, let's say 30 seconds, it's back at low. Again, that's the proper way IMO. But...

- If I turn it off and back on in say 5 seconds, it goes to the next level. WHY!?!?!?! No offense, but who is so slow that it takes them up to 8 seconds to untwist/twist to advance to the next level? In what situation would you want it to go to the next level after 5 seconds of having the light off? If you're using it and think "this isn't bright enough", you just twist and advance to the next level right then and there (conservatively within 1-3 seconds even for a person with not-so-great motor perception skills). Fine. Then you turn it off, then a few seconds later need it again…wouldn't you AT LEAST want it to go back to that same level, if not back to low as a starting point? The last thing I would want is for it to advance to the NEXT level, which it does.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, not a fan either. in a L-M-H light, when its easier to simply go through the other blinding modes to get back to low than it is to actually wait for the timer (only to have not timed it properly and your still advancing modes) then something is off.