Bought a THOR M II Blue Laser and now I'm afraid of it

Pepi

Newly Enlightened
:huh:

This thing is very powerful. Now I worry about the 8 dollar glasses that came with. Will they really protect my eyes 100% ? Do I use the googles if I'm outside at night and daylight? I even started worry about my dog's eyes :D. Will be putting her in room when using. I mean, I know not to look into the laser but I'm just afraid of looking at the beam it produces. Always loved the SiFi stuff with burning lasers and now I own one :eek: Any of you guys feel a bit this way about a burning laser?

Pepi

etudiant

Newly Enlightened
Think you are experiencing activity by your self preservation instinct. I'd pay attention if I were you.
The ease with which absurdly high powered lasers can be obtained from abroad is impressive. For instance, my little Sanwu 'green laser pointer' lists output power as 1000 milliwatt.
If that is even approximately true, it is not remotely eye safe. Fortunately it is lockable and comes with a screw on diffuser to prevent stupid accidents, but I'd not have it in the house if there were kids.

Pepi

Newly Enlightened
Do you use safety googles when your outside (day or night)? I've searched the net and can't find much about this?

This guy will teach great laser safety :D

Last edited:

Pepi

Newly Enlightened
Think you are experiencing activity by your self preservation instinct. I'd pay attention if I were you. The ease with which absurdly high powered lasers can be obtained from abroad is impressive. For instance, my little Sanwu 'green laser pointer' lists output power as 1000 milliwatt. If that is even approximately true, it is not remotely eye safe. Fortunately it is lockable and comes with a screw on diffuser to prevent stupid accidents, but I'd not have it in the house if there were kids.
Agree ... I'm getting more use to using the device. I put the dog up and make sure nobody is home. First thing I do is put my googles on. Darn red googles takes a lot of fun out of the whole thing really :( I've played with the laser outside and it appears there isn't any harm in not using googles if there isn't any shiny things around. SOB is powerful and dangerous