Direct purchase of the 2170

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
If press releases true, the tesla giga factory is now producing 2170s that are slightly larger than the 18650 with 5500 mah, in Utah!

Does anyone here plan to walk over there, knock on the door to buy a few? Or, contact sales and see if they will sell 2 to 4 for small projects? I wonder if a 26650 protection would reach around the 2170...

I probably will wait until fall to try digging up the sales phone or email.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL you can't do that. wait for crashed teslas w/ 2170 and buy a module. sell the rest to a DIY EV/powerwall builder

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL you can't do that. wait for crashed teslas w/ 2170 and buy a module. sell the rest to a DIY EV/powerwall builder

Crashed Teslas. You are serious? Sounds improbable that Tesla would not pay the tow guy to retrieve the pack before junkyard. But, what do I know. I am stupid enough to contact their sales people.

Could a group buy entice Tesla?

I do not get why these mystery new battery technologoes, like lithium sulfur, would not sell samples, as a way to generate forum promotion-making product launch stronger.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
w0pFygq.jpg

Model S :) not my pic. they're supposed to be NCR18650BE cells. people are now repacking them into diy EV packs

they have absolutely no reason to sell their 2170 cells. they're for internal use

as i said wait for crashed model-3's. if you can't wait just get Sanyo 20700. there's nothing revolutionary about Tesla's chemistry tweaks to their 2170

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tesla broke ground on the gigafactory in 2014 outside Sparks, Nevada, and officially launched battery cell production in January 2017.

Now, Australia is also getting own gigafactory by Boston Electric,in The town of Townsville,Queensland. That location was obvious choice due to the protection by the Powerpuff Girls- mayor,notwithstanding.

India getting ev battery pack swap stations.

A tweet sent yesterday, India revenue secretary Hasmukh Adhia, confirmed that India will also be taxing the Sun at a 5 percent rate. The Sun was sweating bullets, worried about the speculated 18 percent rate. No word on the Monsoon tax. But maybe,a bucket tax already exists.

Last edited: