Energy Saving Tool

heelsthrow

Newly Enlightened
I am now connected in multi-site retail industry and with the rising cost of energy we are taking advantage of every opportunity to save energy and costs. I really think that we need an energy management saving tool intended for multi-site retail companies. However, there are many energy and sustainability management company in the market and we can't seem to select the most efficient one. I would like to seek help in finding one that can automate mass customization of energy data, that will help our branches to regulate their energy expenditure with improved interactions with their service provider. If someone here can relate with what I'm blabbering about :ironic: please respond in here or you can send me a message. Appreciate the help guys.

brts96

Newly Enlightened
Check with your local electric company. Some of them will come to your site to do an "energy audit", and can maybe help you with ideas on things you can do to save energy.

They may even have ideas for multi site operations, but unless they're cookie cutter facilities, they each will most likely need their own energy audit.

That is probably best, anyway, due to each place having their own unique construction and equipment.

What's good for one, may not be good for the rest.

heelsthrow

Newly Enlightened
Check with your local electric company. Some of them will come to your site to do an "energy audit", and can maybe help you with ideas on things you can do to save energy.

They may even have ideas for multi site operations, but unless they're cookie cutter facilities, they each will most likely need their own energy audit.

That is probably best, anyway, due to each place having their own unique construction and equipment.

What's good for one, may not be good for the rest.

Well, I mentioned your advice to my friend. And got discouraging words from her. She said it will take days or months to manage the energy issues. Not so sure if she is just playing around me and she even suggested that I need to consult this provider to get immediate results. Anyway, I will still take your advice and call our electric company. Let us see what they can do. Thanks a lot!

brts96

Newly Enlightened
No problem, hope the power company can help. It's all going to take time to get through, anyway, no matter who does it.

Budgets are a big thing these days and every little bit helps. Maybe the staff at your company can do their own review of the billing system, which may cost less than hiring a contractor to do it for you.

From what I saw on the website, it looks like work that your own staff should have regularly​, anyway. Perhaps a central / home office person can meet with your individual site personnel and go over the paperwork they should have and make changes to their process accordingly.

The power company may even have some financial incentives (rebates, etc) for your business to install more efficient equipment. They're pretty well in tune to ways to save power.

The electric company folks are the only ones that I know of that are trying to figure out ways for you to use less of their product, or at least use it more efficiently​.

Wish you luck, and hopefully, you can get some answers for your problems soon.