Olight H2R A quick unboxing and preview

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
Any questions fire away! Review is in progress testing, beam shots etc!

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
Hope it covers most of the important areas, took a while to do (basically disappeared for a few days and some late nights), but wanted something that is useful a 5 minute desk job wouldn't cut it on this one ;-)
Girlfriend wasn't overly happy, but a sacrifice that had to be made :thumbsup:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope it covers most of the important areas, took a while to do (basically disappeared for a few days and some late nights), but wanted something that is useful a 5 minute desk job wouldn't cut it on this one ;-)
Girlfriend wasn't overly happy, but a sacrifice that had to be made :thumbsup:

It was a super review! We really appreciate the effort. You are becoming one of my favorite video reviewers. Informative, interesting and intelligent. :thumbsup:

proceed5

Enlightened
Thank you again Mr.Baz, excellent & very informative review.
Ya, that 2300 max output is stunningly bright and yet it does not seem to be overly blinding (off course we are not talking about close up subjects which the White light emitted would naturally get washed out in whiteness due to the extreme brightness).
For most times, we usually do not need even 1000 lumen for use as a Headlamp, but off course there would be no harm done especially in situations when short burst of 2300 lumen output may be required. I would not expect to run off 2300 constant as the heat from the 2300 lumen would give our headache.

I will like that headband strap a lot !

Good luck Mr.Baz and once again, thank you :twothumbs

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
As mini lenses spread the light out it's quite evenly distributed. It could be useful for a few reasons, but you get a nice boost to range albeit for a limited time. The design of the head strap has been thought about you can see that, a point that could have been overlooked, and important. The run times at low/medium a a big jump up from the H1 model so I can see why it's got some interest. I don't find weight a problem at all it's about as light as you could make a 18650 head torch. I keep trying the videos are taking a while to make so I break them up into sessions, so I hopefully don't forget important areas. Thanks for the support

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks I missed a few things always do though I think I covered most bases.