I Need a Recommendation for a 1xAA

KAP

Newly Enlightened
I need a recommendation for a fairly specific list of wants.

I'm basically looking for a AA Surefire E1B Defender. I've switched to AA, sick of cr123 and I cant find a suitable replacement for my EDC'd E1L

Requirements:
1 x AA - will be used with Eneloops primarily, but I want the option to use alkalines or lithium, no need for 14500 compatibility
Forward Clicky, momentary ON
Comes on HIGH first
NO side switches or buttons - Simpler the better
NO selector rings - see above
NO clip-on clips like Fenix, or weird set-ring mounted clips like on a Quark
Screw on clip or friction mounted clip like Surefire
Deep pocket clip would be nice
100 lumen high is more than adequate, but more is not an issue
limited modes - High & low, High,med,low is all fine
NO strobe or unhidden flash modes

Don't really care about:
Price
Total output
Beam pattern
Beam color

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
A Malkoff aa body with vme head and an m31 drop in works great. Nice clip, forward clicky, and single mode. Can't get much simpler. Easily 100 lumens for about an hour or more and you can pick your tint.

archimedes

Flashaholic
There are (perhaps surprisingly) not a lot of choices in this market segment .... I would suggest maybe taking a look at the Peak El Capitan (or Logan 17500)

The UI is a little different than you describe above, however.

archimedes

Flashaholic
A Malkoff aa body with vme head and an m31 drop in works great. Nice clip, forward clicky, and single mode. Can't get much simpler. Easily 100 lumens for about an hour or more and you can pick your tint.

Great thought ... and if OP really wants / needs an optional Low setting, could also go with an "MD1.5" + spacer + Hi/Lo ring for the host instead

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Coast HX5 would seem to meet most or your requirements, except for the type of clip, which snaps on, but it is reversible. One mode, forward clicky with momentary on and adjustable focus.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Pelican 2350 (gen 2). If you change your mind about high first you can do a ten tap type of programming for high only or start on low.

Not a tunnel beam like the E1, but a surprisingly well tailored output that appears much brighter than the stated numbers. Great alternative to the 200 lumen version of the EB1C.