Nitecore TM - 26 power port not working anyone know how to fix?

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
I've had my TM - 26 for two or three years now.. recently the power port where I plug in the cord no longer works it feels very loose and used to look like there is a little pin in there that the cord touched but now I can't see it.. If I wrap the cord around it at just the right angle really tight it will charge but I feel like I'm doing more damage each time.. I was wondering if anybody knows of someone who repairs the sort of thing or if I can do it myself as newbie to electrical repair?

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
Maybe one of you modding Geniuses would know how to replace it or even better my put it in a micro USB port or a USB C? That would be super awesome.. Is that sort of thing even doable?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about the charging port malfunctioning. Fortunately you are able to remove the batteries and charge your 18650's with an external charger. Have you contacted Nitecore or nitecorestore to find out if they would be able to repair it and how much/how long it would take? Would they sell you another body and/or consider this a warranty matter?

You also have the option of purchasing their integrated battery pack that fits the TM26 and TM36.

Good luck with restoring your flashlight. Hopefully someone here can help if the above options are unpalatable.