AA keychain

jswe

Newly Enlightened
Please help me find a suitable AA keychain light. Intended usage is as a backup light on the keychain, to be used in the military (home guard unit in my country, similar to the national guard in the US).

Must have:
- AA battery, as that's what we get for the comtacs
- As compact / lightweight as possible
- Very difficult to accidentally activate, I e only twist or FW/reverse clicky
- Reasonably tough, I e can be immersed in water or dropped in the ground w/o breaking

Nice to have:
- No pocket clip or removable click - only keychain hole
- Warm white / high CRI
- Tail stand

Don't want:
- Custom builds. Otherwise I'm not that budget sensitive, but as it's only going to be used for maybe 15 days a year, I don't want to spend a fortune either.

Fenix E12 seems to be in the ballpark, but that's a rather old model as far as I know. At least I like the form factor.

Grateful for your suggestions.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E12 was one of my top choices...the main things that prevented me from obtaining it was no momentary on and the very cool white tint.

I ended up with the Thrunite Archer 1A which was a perfect fit for me.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore EA11 is a nice single AA light. Very compact, although I don't think I would like it on a keychain. I reserve that spot for my AAA lights. Nitecore has other single AA lights in the (E)xplorer line, as well as several in the MT line.
Streamlight has several single AA lights in their Protac line. I had the EMS, which I liked because it always started on Low, which I found useful at the time.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam Jet1-MK!
Crazy good for the price and the 1/4-20 tail comes in handy for all sorts of things.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L3 Illumination "NICHIA 219" might be of interest as well. Twisty, removable (useless) pocket clip, tail stands with retention/lanyard hole.

Three or four modes, depending on whether you want a moonlight - which might be handy during military service.

It's not "super" warm, but definitely not cool.

jswe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your suggestions. I ended up ordering a Jetbeam Jet1-MK from Banggood. Compact form, twisty and AA seems to cover the important parts.