12 volt (4x123) P60 suggestions please

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I just acquired a Laser Products 6R and am considering using an LED drop in with either 4x 123's or 3x with a dummy cell.

Any ideas are welcome.

Keep in mind it should be a sturdy unit. Not looking for triples, 219b's or the latest gadgets n gizmos. 300-500 lumens is plenty, but if it's brighter, that's ok too. Point being is the host will remain stock so heat issues are a consideration.
Prefer 1 setting as the twisty switch will remain, but a 2 or 3 setup is ok as well. No preference on the levels but a 20-60 low would be fine by me.

I'm considering an M91 but am open to suggestions.

Thank you!

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'd say M91 ... but then you already knew that :oops:

Do you already have the extended tube adapter ?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's the kit Archi. 6P length body with the 2 cell extension piece, a charger and cords. No B65 cell although I already have a couple of those. (I scored it for less than the price a new 6P for the whole thing)

I figure the M91 would also work well in the case of 2x 16650 Eagtacs I have. I remember seeing you guys speak of adding a cell tube to the 9P but don't recall what ever developed there.

Some internet pix:

It's scheduled to arrive in a couple of days, so I thought I'd ask for thoughts prior to it's arrival.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The stock kit is longer than 3x CR123A and shorter than 4x CR123A

Well so much for that idea...

I may just use an M61 fed by RCRs in a 2 cell set up. Then at least the R on the tailcap can have some meaning.

Nice find Mr. Fixer, should give you some extender run time I would guess?

I suppose a 3.95 CR 123 length 6 volt cell would provide a noticeable addition to the run time IG.

Last edited: