NEW HM50R Rechargeable Headlamp PLUS Free Coins This Weekend

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor

FREE COIN GAW & AWESOME NEW RELEASE

One of the most highly anticipated new releases has just dropped! The Fenix HM50R is a spiritual successor to the immensely popular Fenix HL50. The HM50R is a 500 lumen, IP68 rated, mini headlamp in a full-metal housing. Place your order HERE - our first shipment is sure to go fast!

This weekend, we'll be giving away a FREE copper coin to all qualifying orders over $50. Styles may vary but we've got a lot of cool coins in stock and it will surely be a cool addition to your EDC. To receive a coin with your order, be sure to write "COIN" in your order notes.

If you like gear, be sure to check out www.gearforlife.com...and be sure to sign up to enter their monthly giveaways!

Thank you for trusting the Fenix brand and Fenix Store.

proceed5

Enlightened
Very good looking L-shaped light or Headlamp. Will be getting this. Looks so small even with USB re-charging.

Very good Fenix, bring on more metals.
You should introduce a copper and titanium version :D

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Hello Fenix-Store! Cool little light, with great sturdiness and impressive outputs. However, I feel compelled to point out a few problems with the runtime numbers available through the link you posted to the Fenix-Store website.

First, you have longer runtimes listed for using a 16340 cell than for using a CR123 primary cell. That can't be accurate.

Second, the runtimes listed are incredible - perhaps because there is no mention in close proximity to the listed runtimes that there is a considerable step-down in output shortly after the light is turned on at the Turbo, High, or Medium output levels. The step-downs appear to be only mentioned in the accompanying photo presentation.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Thanks, mightysparrow, for the heads up. We have our website corrected now.

Do you have a specific question for the Fenix engineer?

Hello Fenix-Store! Cool little light, with great sturdiness and impressive outputs. However, I feel compelled to point out a few problems with the runtime numbers available through the link you posted to the Fenix-Store website.

First, you have longer runtimes listed for using a 16340 cell than for using a CR123 primary cell. That can't be accurate.

Second, the runtimes listed are incredible - perhaps because there is no mention in close proximity to the listed runtimes that there is a considerable step-down in output shortly after the light is turned on at the Turbo, High, or Medium output levels. The step-downs appear to be only mentioned in the accompanying photo presentation.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's good to see Fenix has posted approximate runtime graphs for this light, because they paint quite a different picture of the actual driver performance. I hope they will decide to abandon the generous parameters of the current ANSI standards for measuring runtime for a said output, and present more truthful runtime numbers in the future. And most important of all really mean it when they advertise digital regulation for constant output.

proceed5

Enlightened
Ya Fenix1 / Fenix-store,

Many of us Fenix Flashlight users have built a trust on Fenix Flashlights for it being "digital regulation for constant output" and have reasonably good run times.

When I buy a Fenix light, I do not even look specs anymore, simply because I have this TRUST in Fenix that it will be Constant Output.
I hope Fenix will not disappoint.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya Fenix1 / Fenix-store,

Many of us Fenix Flashlight users have built a trust on Fenix Flashlights for it being "digital regulation for constant output" and have reasonably good run times.

When I buy a Fenix light, I do not even look specs anymore, simply because I have this TRUST in Fenix that it will be Constant Output.

X2 to this. Fenix may not always have the most lumens and candela or latest greatest features compared to other manufacturers but what they do have is a quality product that I know will work everytime.

I like the looks of this light, especially being neutral white.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We forwarded your comment to the Fenix engineers. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

It's good to see Fenix has posted approximate runtime graphs for this light, because they paint quite a different picture of the actual driver performance. I hope they will decide to abandon the generous parameters of the current ANSI standards for measuring runtime for a said output, and present more truthful runtime numbers in the future. And most important of all really mean it when they advertise digital regulation for constant output.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
proceed5 and Tac Gunner: We sent your comments to the engineer also. Thanks!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
SCS. Here is the reply we got from Fenix regarding your quote. It's just a reassurance but we wanted you to know they replied.

"
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for the customer comment. Actually, as we know, Fenix is a lighting brand, so we also have to comply with the industry rules and standards…Moreover, we have been always doing the relevant tests with the truthful and reliable data before the new releases instead of a said output. Therefore, our engineers take the above aspects and the real testing results into serious review for the final released results."

[/FONT]

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix appreciates your continued support.:twothumbs

Ya Fenix1 / Fenix-store,

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Tac Gunner

Here is Fenix's reply concerning your comment:

Regarding the below second comment, "X2 to this…", I wonder if the customer was referring to the HM50R, which uses the XM-L2 U2 LED (white light) instead of neutral white.

X2 to this. Fenix may not always have the most lumens and candela or latest greatest features compared to other manufacturers but what they do have is a quality product that I know will work everytime.

I like the looks of this light, especially being neutral white.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tac Gunner

Here is Fenix's reply concerning your comment:

Regarding the below second comment, "X2 to this…", I wonder if the customer was referring to the HM50R, which uses the XM-L2 U2 LED (white light) instead of neutral white.

No I was not intending to ask a question, I meant x2 as in "times 2" to what the other post was saying. Sorry if that was not or isn't quite clear.

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
This will be a big hit. I have the HL50 and it is a terrific headlamp. Light as a feather and plenty of light. I am going to go out on a limb and say that my brother really likes it as well seeing as he borrowed it last November and I haven't seen it since.:laughing:

Bob

Kudzu

Newly Enlightened
So, mine just arrived, and initial impressions are not great. The emitter is cool white, with a noticeable blue tint and lots of beam artifacts. Compared to the beautiful beam on my HL50, which remains my favorite headlamp, it's just terrible.

As far as the rest goes, it all seems quite good. The band has a strip of silicone or some similar material on the inside, not sure how I feel about that, but it's well made. The switch is good, and the battery indicator is nice. The light locks out, which is my big complaint about the HL50. The USB port cover seems very well designed. I'd say the modes are too bright overall, but they're well spaced.

Such a missed opportunity with this one. It deserves a decent emitter and better reflector. It fills a niche for me, so I may keep it, but the jury's out. I'd be happier at, say, $45 than $60.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
SCS. Here is the reply we got from Fenix regarding your quote. It's just a reassurance but we wanted you to know they replied.

"
Thanks for the customer comment. Actually, as we know, Fenix is a lighting brand, so we also have to comply with the industry rules and standards…Moreover, we have been always doing the relevant tests with the truthful and reliable data before the new releases instead of a said output. Therefore, our engineers take the above aspects and the real testing results into serious review for the final released results."

Thanks for forwarding that on, FS.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine earlier and just had a chance to check it out. If I lay the HM50R on the side with it turned on, I can see a tiny bit of blue from the AR coating but nothing major, at least on my sample. In fact, there is more blue from the AR coating on my RC09. The tint is cool white though and I don't mind it - I say that as I prefer warm white, then neutral white tints. There are slight artifacts to the beam - but again for me, I don't mind it. I believe in use they won't be noticeable. Overall, I am happy with mine and only hope that Fenix will release a neutral white version down the road and possibly a moonlight mode. I understand Fenix typically doesn't incorporate moonlight modes, though they have done so a time or two.

Last edited: