What do you think the best folding knife

Loloo

Newly Enlightened
I am collecting various folding knife. Can you recommend some good knives. Thank you.:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

lidspinner

Newly Enlightened
Really just depends on what you want to use it for. I have folders that I use for anything and everything and then I have folders that I wear when I have to dress up and go out with the wife that I use for only clean cutting and small cuts...then I have folders I carry with all intentions on using as much as I can to see if I can wear it out....I even throw a few cheapies in my pocket to give away sometimes when I'm going to a outdoor activities where I know people will be asking to use my knife.

A good start is spyderco....you can get some decent folders for under $100 and they will hold up nice.

If cheap is your goal...then buck makes a few folders that will stand the test of time...

It's an addiction, you'll start buying knives from every corner of the internet....lol.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, it depends on what you like and what you are using it for.

Spyderco is a great place to start looking.

For me, the Spyderco Stretch is a must have knife.

BloodLust

Enlightened
Just like lights, there is no single best knife.

For my needs, the US made Kershaw Link is bang for buck.
Happy with my Kershaw knives. Even the made in China ones.

Spyderco for simplicity, big thumb hole, and light weight. The Delica or Endura are staples in a lot of collections.

Depends where I'm headed or what I'm wearing, I carry a fixed blade as well.

Vemice

Enlightened
Recently bought a bunch (too many) Spydercos. Very impressed with the overall quality. They are available in a variety of steels and price ranges.
Good luck.

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
I was loooking at the small sebenza, but I think it's very overpriced. Last sunday I went to a swapmeet and found a Kershaw 1555ti like new for 15.00. It's a very good folder with a very good blade and solid construction. No need to spend 350.00 The best folder is the one that works for you. Some day I would like a ZT0560, but for now my Kershaw is the best.

Illum

Flashaholic
There's a really fat line between a collectible and a user. A collector might rank high on the realm of sophistication and steel grade, a user will rank on the scale of sustainability, cost effectiveness, ease of sharpening, etc.

For me, I'm cheap. my favorite knife for a number of years is the Kershaw Leek.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread could be a huge can of worms. Like many hobbies, "Best" can be very subjective. Especially when referring to knives. Like Best for what or at doing what? I guess there are so many variables.
Budget? Use? Application is very important. Fixed blade or folding? For me, I prefer fixed, but most of the time, I have to carry a folding. So for me and my personal application, my Best knife is a Small Chris Reeves Inkosi. For someone else, this knife could be a waste of money.

When talking fixed blades, my Best is a Busse Combat. For others, this could be totally useless.

So maybe get some ideas here and look around at some of the knife sites and search based on your budget. Then see what you like and go from there? There are so many good knives out there in all budget ranges.

flphotog

Newly Enlightened
Really just depends on what you want to use it for. I have folders that I use for anything and everything and then I have folders that I wear when I have to dress up and go out with the wife that I use for only clean cutting and small cuts...then I have folders I carry with all intentions on using as much as I can to see if I can wear it out....I even throw a few cheapies in my pocket to give away sometimes when I'm going to a outdoor activities where I know people will be asking to use my knife.

A good start is spyderco....you can get some decent folders for under $100 and they will hold up nice.

If cheap is your goal...then buck makes a few folders that will stand the test of time...

It's an addiction, you'll start buying knives from every corner of the internet....lol.

I'll second the Spyderco's, however beware that not all Spyderco's are the same. All of the one's I have are good but the one's made in Golden, CO are by far the best of the bunch. More expensive than the one's from China but better steel and quality all around. The PM2 is a good example.

pingpongsong

Newly Enlightened
I'll second the Spyderco's, however beware that not all Spyderco's are the same. All of the one's I have are good but the one's made in Golden, CO are by far the best of the bunch. More expensive than the one's from China but better steel and quality all around. The PM2 is a good example.

how about Spyderco Techno, made in taiwan, are they good? i read good reviews on the techno

Cheers

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
From what I understand, Spyderco knives made in Taiwan are first grade. Also those made in Japan.

Bill

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome Photography, Beard Man.

Best EDC blade - Kershaw Knockout - I have three. The original black aluminum handles w stonewashed blade, the brown aluminum handled ELMAX blade, and the olive green aluminum handled Damascus blade. Big enough, light enough for everyday carry, snappy assisted action, thumb studs or flipper tab, good clip, frame lock, and USA made. Whats not to like?

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beard Man you mirror-polished the handles of the Spirit! :eek:

I've been watching youtubers and learned that Spyderco is by far the most popular folding knife brand in the gear scene, even though it is a young company. From my research the top bestselling models in the past decade are the Delica4, then the Endura4, because of their price, light weight and EDC perfection. And the most popular must-have in every other respect is the PM2. There are more youtubes featuring these 3 models than all the other popular Spydercos.

Latest posts