Review: Nitecore NU10

Budda

Enlightened
Due to lack of time, this review is published with reduced amount of data, pics and writing.

I received the Nitecore NU10 from Fasttech.com for the review. Here's the purchase link.

The NU10 is a simple, compact and flood headlamp from Nitecore. The headlamp features a multicolor beam, red or white, with integrated lithium ion battery rechargeable with the micro USB port. It's available with body different colorations. The NU10 is also available in a HICRI version (but I got the CW).

The light comes in this box with headband, manual and micro usb cable.
Nitecore_NU10_01.jpg

The whole NU10 is made out of plastic. The small size (6x3,5x3 cm) and the plastic construction helps making it light (66 grams).
Nitecore_NU10_02.jpg

The headband is the usual elastic band from Nitecore, and it only goes around the head.
Nitecore_NU10_03.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_04.jpg

On the top of the light there are 2 electronic switches, and on the side the micro usb port.
Nitecore_NU10_05.jpg

The light has an integrated headband mount, that allows the light to be inclined within some fixed positions.
Nitecore_NU10_11.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_06.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_07.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_08.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_09.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_10.jpg

When charging the light, the LED under the switches will be red. When the light is charged, it will be green.

Beamshots at 0.5 meters from the wall.
The X of the red beam is not an effect of the camera, it's really there.
Nitecore_NU10_12.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_13.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_14.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_15.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_16.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_17.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_18.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_19.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_20.jpg

Nitecore_NU10_21.jpg

Output and Runtime
At the moment I can't access the output measurement setup. When I will get it back, I will update the review and the carts with the measurements. Meanwhile, the data is expressed in %.
After 45 minutes at high mode, the light steps down at mid mode brightness.
Nitecore_NU10_22.png

My thoughts
The light is well built and finished.
The NU10 does his work fine: it's a flood headlamp with a good flood beam, and a usably bright red mode also available. The runtime and regulation is good, and IMHO the stepdown at high mode after 45 minutes is acceptable (probably to preserve the battery, not for the temperature).
For the pricepoint, is hard to ask for more. The several colorations available make the NU10 more suitable for a wider public (from the tactical softair-ish guy, to kids and ladies).
I wish the NU10 had a low mode for the red led.

Thanks to: AntoLed for the camera help and the luxmeter.

Last edited: