Orcatorch D500+ Problem-question

grifind

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys!
Hence its the only forum i found so many detailed reviews on the orcas i would like to ask for some help.
Today i bought a D500+ i red the instructions etc all good, but.
Mode selection is not working. The light turns only on and off with the switch. i did start with the battery, light poped. i switched it off and then the on-off switch just turns it on and off. it doesnt change modes as it is suppossed to.
Any similar problems/advice?
Thank you in advance.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about some more info...

What mode does it come on in?

What battery are you using, how many cycles on it, and what voltage is it at?

My first thought on this is that the battery cannot support the amperage the light needs on higher modes.

That's just a guess but any other info you can provide might help.

grifind

Newly Enlightened
How about some more info...

What mode does it come on in?

What battery are you using, how many cycles on it, and what voltage is it at?

My first thought on this is that the battery cannot support the amperage the light needs on higher modes.

That's just a guess but any other info you can provide might help.

the flashlight is brand new with an included battery :(

grifind

Newly Enlightened
So after contacting with orcatorch and the replied really fast, they told that there was an order from the greek dealer for only on-off switches D500+.
And i think thats my case.i just dont know why would you order an on-off only switch when you have the option for 4 more modes and the manufacturing cost of the pcb in china is worth less than 1$...

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
So after contacting with orcatorch and the replied really fast, they told that there was an order from the greek dealer for only on-off switches D500+.
And i think thats my case.i just dont know why would you order an on-off only switch when you have the option for 4 more modes and the manufacturing cost of the pcb in china is worth less than 1$...
Ok wow. I'm glad they got back to you as I would have never guessed that.