Scored a NOS/NIB Streamlight Polystinger (Xenon bulb) for six dollars!

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

Per usual, I was searching for vintage AUDIO gear at one of my local "Thrift Shops". Sadly, I found nothing but Audio BPC (Black Plastic Crap).

As I was walking away disappointed , I spied a little box tucked in on the back of shelf. Hello, what have we here ? I right away could see the box label showing

images of Flashlights and thought to myself "Oooh, this might be good". Ah ah! It was then I saw the name STREAMLIGHT on the box and the little green price sticker marked

six dollars! I opened the box and could tell right away this PolyStinger was absolutely PRISTINE and had never used. Heck, even the little clear plastic bag holding the mounting

Screws for the (TWO) Chargers (steady and Auto) was un-opened as well as the Charger Cords being wired tied! The YELLOW PolyStinger looks excellent!

I gladly paid my six dollars and headed out the store back to my Car and more closely examined all the items including all the Instructions. Once home, I (per the Instructions)

charged the PolyStinger for ten hours. This morning, I had LIGHT! I must admit however, the light (Xenon bulb) is not as bright as I expected but, it still useful.

Now, I know nothing about NiCad Batteries. I did some research and found a replacement Battery "stick" for this light (should the NiCad need replacing) as I have no idea how

old/long this NOS PolyStinger has been sitting in it's box (I suspect stuck in the back of someone's Closet for years). Question. Might it be worth doing the Terralux LED upgrade ?

If I did the upgrades (new Battery and Terralux LED) I'd be into a rechargeable PolyStinger for about sixty dollars (ten times my BARGAIN find). Keep/use as is or upgrade ?

Thanks.

SixCats!

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great find! If you come to regret your purchase, I'll gladly buy if from you for $7 plus shipping. :grin2:

I have good memories of the incandescent Stinger I used as a security guard a looooonnnng time ago.

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi Mod,

Thanks Mod. I mean, how could I possibility pass up a NIB PolyStinger for six dollars ! ? I suppose I'll just continue to use it "as is" for the time being and MAYBE at a later date consider the LED upgrade. Man, six dollars lol.

Regards,
SixCats!

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread has inspired me to have a look around at local thrift and pawn shops. Who knows, maybe a non-flashaholic muggle shop owner has been sitting of a jewel of a flashlight and does not realize its value.

SixCats!

Enlightened
Thanks for the "well wishes" guys. Yes indeed, I LOVE haunting the likes of "Thrift Shops, Flea Markets, Yard/Lawn/Garage/Estate Sales", etc. Darn it, I don't know why but, I passed on a well used SUREFIRE (if memory serves) rechargeable Flashlight (a couple of months ago). In hindsight, I should of purchased that light as (I now suspect) there may be updatable parts available but, I'm not sure. Oooh well. That being said, one never knows what "Goodies" one may find at the "Thrift Shops". Recently, I found a PRISTINE condition pair of (hard to find AE) "English Monitor" Stereo Loud Speakers for twenty dollars the pair! Today, one would have to spend at least five hundred dollars (if not more) the pair to equal the quality of sound of Acoustic Energy (AE) Aegis One Speakers.
Mod, get ye out to the Thrift Shops and find some "Goodies!"

Regards,
SixCats!